6 seater but not too big - ideas?

(10 Posts)
pourmeanotherglass Wed 30-Jan-13 12:40:09

Hi, our lovely Honda Jazz is up for replacement (10 years old, a few scratches and dents). We are thinking it would be useful to have a 6 seater (there a 4 of us, and it would be nice to also fit in my parents, as my dad is currently unable to drive due to epilepsy). We don't want a really big car (tricky to reverse into our garage, and tricky to park in City Centre), and our budget is 10,000 max. Any suggestions?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 30-Jan-13 12:44:02

Nissan quashquai?

Ford grand c max?

Renault scenic?

Volkswagen Touran?
All of these come in 7 seater versions.
This is our short list with the same criteria as you!

13Iggis Wed 30-Jan-13 13:02:07

Happened across this and now really want a new car! Sick of not being able to give anyone a lift. I do get a bit freaked out by how close the back seats (if you're using them all) are to the back of the car, iyswim.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 30-Jan-13 13:15:11

DH is currently at an auction, hoping to bring one of these home today!
The Nissan is the prettiest and most compact of these 7 seaters but is most expensive to insure and repair. Think we are going for the Volkswagen Touran.

Autotrader has a great compare car thingie. You can compare three cars at a time, even with car dimensions, so you know you'll be able to park it in your garage.

chicaguapa Wed 30-Jan-13 13:16:20

We have a Toyota Verso. Not sure if you can get one for £10k, but you can put the seats up in the boot when you need to make it a 7-seater.

WMittens Wed 30-Jan-13 13:29:10

Fiat Multipla.

Its looks are, erm, an acquired taste, but I don't think you'll find a more compact car with more than 5 seats; as a comparison, it's 30cm shorter than a Ford Focus.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 30-Jan-13 17:05:08

Got the Touran! Good luck on your search pourmeanother.

IcanandIwill Wed 30-Jan-13 17:11:03

I love my smax. Ok it is big but doesn't feel it at all when driving it.

We've got a grand scenic and I love it. I don't think the far back seats are that comfortable though, so probably not great if you all want to go a long way.

fivesacrowd Wed 30-Jan-13 17:15:04

Honda frv? Six seats (3 front, 3 back) roomy inside, boot not huge but I prefer to 7 seaters as none of kids in boot iykwim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now