Family Car options

(13 Posts)
workingonitagain Mon 18-Feb-13 21:08:08

I have an xc90 and it's lovely and massive boot space but i spend around £150 a month on diesel a month and that's just going to playgroup to kidsfarm to sainsubury's and i live in the middle of town so think we made a bit of a mistake in choice although a lovely car to drive

Sorry, at

Have you looked ad Dacia Duster?

Joycey29 Fri 01-Feb-13 07:14:28

There are some great 7 seaters out there head points to so many but heart says Volvo XC90.
Hope to get one soon........

WMittens Thu 31-Jan-13 21:14:35

Just remember the cheverolet parts are main dealer only...

Or get bits for the Vauxhall Antara - same platform, same (mostly) engines.

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 31-Jan-13 20:51:55

Mitsubishi Outlander

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 31-Jan-13 20:51:09

Discovery.

zumo Thu 31-Jan-13 20:49:55

Just remember the cheverolet parts are main dealer only we as all the others yoou can get the essentials from any motor factor so it helps keep servicing and repair costs down.
My mates just selling his trusty Volvo after 10 years of excellent service never been a problem, my own had done about 275000 when I sold it, they are well made.

WMittens Wed 30-Jan-13 22:40:17

Just out of interest, what is the perception of Chevrolet?

weakestlink Wed 30-Jan-13 20:16:03

Hi joycey I like Quashqai +2! But not seen one in real life - pictures make it look a bit small?
Hyundai have looooooooooooong warranties so I like that!
And Kia too possibly?
Don't like the idea of a Chevrolet... not sure why!
Still love Volvo though... have it in my mind that it will last forever....

Joycey29 Wed 30-Jan-13 07:11:52

Same boat but only 15k so higher mileage for us!
Looking at-
Hyundai Santa Fe ( good all round)
Quashquai +2 ( good 4x4 but small back sears)
Kia Sorrento - ( cheaper than high end but great car)
Chevrolet Captiva ( really quite good despite the badge! Friend bought last week and secretly impressed)

Hope this helps! grin

WMittens Mon 28-Jan-13 19:48:04

XC90 is a good choice. I don't know about rear seat sizes but you could also look at XC70, Audi A6 Allroad (or A6 Quattro), Subaru Legacy Outback (or the standard Legacy).

weakestlink Mon 28-Jan-13 16:18:23

Would like
- 4 wheel drive (v rural area)
- Option of 7 seats or at the very least 3 full seats in the back (2 baby seats and 1 toddler seat)
- Under 30k miles
- Budget £20k ish

What else should I be thinking of?

I love the Volvo XC90 but perhaps need to be more open minded as cannot find one close by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now