Fiat Panda,does anyone have a newish model?

(3 Posts)

Hi I have Panda Eco and only have one key that does everything, your ignition key should open all the doors, maybe there's a fault with the boot lock.

jaik Mon 28-Jan-13 20:46:18

Hiya, my wife has a 2004 Fiat Panda, same shape as yours. it should have come with two keys, the main one has a flip out key, with three buttons, unlock, lock and boot. The second key is a basic one, no flip out, no remote unlocking.

A couple of things to consider, which model pnada do you have? They range from the basic Active, through the Dynamic to the Eleganza, with specials like the 100hp. As you go along they collect more kit.

Also, there is a well known fault with the boot lock, the black cover strip sometimes leaks, allows water in, and detroys the microswitch inside, is a PITA, as without the key, it won't open...and replacement is for the entire unit..£s

GlobalDisaster Thu 24-Jan-13 20:33:12

Just got a 2 year old Panda Eco.Bought from a dealer and drives realy well for a compact. Advice needed. Got it to the shops and couldn't open boot(it has a key hole).Tried ignition and petrol cap keys but neither fit. E mailed showroom to tell them I didn't have handbook or key for boot. Was just wondering if they have separate keys for boot. My last car was a big old chunky number,buit for comfort and didn't have a key for the boot.Do Pandas have a different key for the boot?? It seems strange that a car of this age would have.Cynical me wonders if it was a repo? hence the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now