Which car?

(8 Posts)
CatsRule Wed 23-Jan-13 11:37:12

At the moment we have a Chevrolet Cruze saloon for dh, ds and I. We go camping and the baby's things take up so much space.

What we would like is a reasonable sized car, comfortable sitting area but would love a massive boot. The boot space we have is good but is limited as it's a saloon and the boot hinges mean it's like the krypton factor fitting things in!

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced car, efficient to run, tax and insure that will have a huge boot space and be practical for a baby?

Forgetfulmog Wed 23-Jan-13 11:38:08

Skoda?

Snorbs Wed 23-Jan-13 11:45:40

New or used?

CatsRule Wed 23-Jan-13 12:11:23

I would prefer new or pre-registered even

Snorbs Wed 23-Jan-13 15:22:26

A friend of mine got a new Mondeo hatchback last year and there's loads of room in the boot. Nicely built as well. Alternatively the Skoda Octavia is worth a look and I've heard the Mazda 6 is good as is the Toyota Avensis (although it will never set your pants on fire). You might also want to consider the estate versions as that will give you even more storage space.

Or if you're after something a bit smaller, Focus estate?

CatsRule Wed 23-Jan-13 18:43:42

I really want something big but not a 7 seater...these look good. I will look into them a bit more thanks.

I get to do all the research and dh gets to do the negotiating as aparently I'm not a people person when it comes to car salesmen/people! grin

CatsRule Wed 23-Jan-13 18:45:35

Oh and everyone seems to have jumped on the bandwagon by calling new estates tourers!

No wonder dh says I've to stay out of the negotiating grin

WMittens Wed 23-Jan-13 22:03:38

VW Passat - the 2006 saloon had a cavernous boot, estate version available for even more space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now