Mini /mini clubman -am I mad?!

(9 Posts)
loopyluna Fri 18-Jan-13 14:28:59

Basically, after 12 years of taxiing around is my mummy-mobile (peugeot 307sw), I am going to downsize.

My heart is set on a mini.

My DC are 13, 11 and 7. I hardly ever have the 3 of them in the car at the same time now and no longer do any car-pooling. On the rare occasions I do need to take all 3 (or the youngest plus 2 friends), I should be ok putting one in the front and 2 in the back...? Mostly, I need it for work and am on my own anyway.

Should I go for it?!
If so, what are the advantages of a clubman v a little one? I think the little ones are prettier but imagine the clubman would be more practical for shopping etc.

spiffinglygood Fri 18-Jan-13 18:20:33

I got rid of a gorgeous mini jcw for a mummy wagon about 9 months ago. I miss it to this day. Beautiful beautiful dream car. If you don't need much boot space go for a pretty one. The seats are comfy and big for 4 people, just difficult to do a big shop with all 4 passengers, but still doable! smile I'm so jealous, miss my car so much!

loopyluna Sat 19-Jan-13 08:53:16

Went to the mini dealer last night. Absolutely love the countryman but v pricey! I think the small one will be fine as long as DH puts it in writing that I can borrow his SUV when I need to!

outtolunchagain Tue 30-Jul-13 17:02:32

Loopy did you get the clubman,I am lusting after one at the moment,dh wants a golf but I am fed up of lumbering a small town with narrow streets in the CRV and really fancy a small fun car.We also have three,now 19,16, and 11 plus a cocker spaniel

outtolunchagain Fri 02-Aug-13 18:17:04

Going to look at one tomorrow . Eek , anyone have any comments on them?

outtolunchagain Sun 04-Aug-13 09:54:47

Oh dear now not sure , test drive a seat Leon, has all the gizmos ver easy no problems economic ( it's an Eco diesel) would be very convenient.

Then a mini clubman , loved it but thought this is notbthevsensible choice , would be difficult if I had the 2 younger boys etc no room for shopping and dog etc , would have to rely on borrowing the CRV from Dh.

Now he says we should have he mini , more fun etc aargh confused.

tinierclanger Sun 04-Aug-13 09:57:46

You can fit a surprising amount in the boot of a Clubman. We reluctantly traded ours in recently as we had a second baby, but it was great when we just had one child. I don't think you'd regret it smile Countryman is not really as much fun as a 'proper' mini I think and less attractive.

outtolunchagain Sun 04-Aug-13 11:07:28

Countryman a bit expensive I think ! Just fancy reliving my youth a bit !

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Mon 05-Aug-13 15:51:09

It might help to look at the Mumsnet Cars expert reviews of the Mini Countryman and Mini Clubman - there are separate reviews for the One and the Cooper. Also worth pointing that Mini may well be producing a regular five-door model (ie. in addition to the five-door Countryman SUV) as part of the new, 2014 Mini line-up - click here for the recent news story about this on http://www.mumsnet.com/cars Mumsnet Cars]]. Hope this is all useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now