Honda Jazz boot size

(8 Posts)
captivatingtears Wed 16-Jan-13 12:49:15

I wrote my car off on Xmas Eve and need to buy a second hand car.

We are a one child family, but I don't want it to be too small.

Thinking a Ford Focus 1.4 (that's what I wrote off, loved it) or Honda Jazz. But if you have one, do you find the boot too small?

Barbeasty Sat 19-Jan-13 16:09:49

The jazz boot is small, certainly smaller than a focus, but then it's their equivalent to the fiesta.

It's a nice car, and back seats are surprisingly roomy- you can get a rear facing car seat in easily enough. And they fold flat to the floor really easily.

The civic is the focus equivalent and is a nice car with reasonable boot space. But they do cost more than the jazz.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sat 19-Jan-13 16:15:34

I don't know how big the focus boot is but I find the jazz boot huge. The flexibility in the seats makes it even better. I love my jazz.

WMittens Sat 19-Jan-13 16:45:31

AQG gives Focus boot at 316 litres (with seats up), Honda Jazz at 399 litres.

gallicgirl Sat 19-Jan-13 16:55:05

I have a jazz and boot is awesome. The back seats split so you can fold just half if you need to.

When we go away, we can fit travel cot, large pushchair, luggage, high chair, toys etc AND baby in the car!

I admit we have bought a smaller fold-up pushchair to make life easier but seriously, you can fit a LOT in a jazz.

Actually, I once got 3 adults plus camping gear in it. I mean a lot of gear - festival weekend type gear.

Barbeasty Sat 19-Jan-13 19:08:47

I'll take it back then.

I've had the jazz as a courtesy car, but suppose I'm going from a civic or crv, so the boot seems very small.

The volume is good but it gets that from the height. I think the focus is wider/ deeper, but not as high. So eg I couldn't get our car seat in the boot of the jazz when I needed to, and had to use the back seat space, because of the distance from the rear windscreen to the back of the seats.

PickleSarnie Sat 09-Feb-13 18:40:11

The jazz boot is massive for a small car. I can just lob the buggy in the back without any thought about arranging it properly.

And you have the added bonus of other drivers on the road assuming you're a doddery 95 year old and therefore you can only exceed their driving expectations.

We've coped with a C3 boot for 2 Dcs (3 and 5). When I was a kid, we went from SE to W Highlands for 2 weeks in a Renault 4, with a large dog. It really depends on you. Jazz boot looks pretty good for small car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now