Any mechanics out there?

(5 Posts)
zumo Thu 17-Jan-13 17:41:09

Fiats are a good cheap car but they dont hold their value.
They are not the most reliable or robust.Fix It Again Tomorrow
To be honest I would buy something for £1000 about 7-10 years old, keep the £3000 in the bank and run the car till it drops
I have a Peugeot 406 diesel Estate, its a 7 seater, paid £700 almost four years ago, its done almost 200,000 miles only broke once, total spend over four years is £800 and its still worth £7-900, so its been a good car, oh 35MPG around town too.
Heres one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301154930910/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/2000/body-type/estate/model/406/make/peugeot/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/postcode/wa95qb/page/3?logcode=p
The Family version has seven seats so sells for more

GlobalDisaster Wed 16-Jan-13 09:51:59

Looked at Nissan note and also Fiat Panda, anyone here got one?

GlobalDisaster Tue 15-Jan-13 22:07:51

Thanks. I am a bit scared of driving small cars but the breakdown guy said the Yaris is a good car and roomy and like a teardis.

TheFallenNinja Tue 15-Jan-13 20:46:41

Yaris is a great car. Reliable, frugal, roomy.

GlobalDisaster Tue 15-Jan-13 20:20:38

My 14 year old car has broken down. Breakdown guy said it would be pointless to get it fixed. Spent £700 last year, engine managemt failure ( same problem this time), fan belt slipping, heater matrix been broken for 3 years.Need a car soon. Cannot do without even though I do very few miles.Have been advised to buy Japanese/Korean. Dad, bless him has given me some money to buy a car,£4 grand, very generous of him. I've always had big cars ,but TBO I only ever fill them with junk and not passengers,. Any ideas?Thought Yaris, KA. Please let me know what you think?. I'm told Renaults are prone to "brain failure", a bit like me I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now