Any mechanics out there?

(5 Posts)
GlobalDisaster Tue 15-Jan-13 20:20:38

My 14 year old car has broken down. Breakdown guy said it would be pointless to get it fixed. Spent £700 last year, engine managemt failure ( same problem this time), fan belt slipping, heater matrix been broken for 3 years.Need a car soon. Cannot do without even though I do very few miles.Have been advised to buy Japanese/Korean. Dad, bless him has given me some money to buy a car,£4 grand, very generous of him. I've always had big cars ,but TBO I only ever fill them with junk and not passengers,. Any ideas?Thought Yaris, KA. Please let me know what you think?. I'm told Renaults are prone to "brain failure", a bit like me I think.

TheFallenNinja Tue 15-Jan-13 20:46:41

Yaris is a great car. Reliable, frugal, roomy.

GlobalDisaster Tue 15-Jan-13 22:07:51

Thanks. I am a bit scared of driving small cars but the breakdown guy said the Yaris is a good car and roomy and like a teardis.

GlobalDisaster Wed 16-Jan-13 09:51:59

Looked at Nissan note and also Fiat Panda, anyone here got one?

zumo Thu 17-Jan-13 17:41:09

Fiats are a good cheap car but they dont hold their value.
They are not the most reliable or robust.Fix It Again Tomorrow
To be honest I would buy something for £1000 about 7-10 years old, keep the £3000 in the bank and run the car till it drops
I have a Peugeot 406 diesel Estate, its a 7 seater, paid £700 almost four years ago, its done almost 200,000 miles only broke once, total spend over four years is £800 and its still worth £7-900, so its been a good car, oh 35MPG around town too.
Heres one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301154930910/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/2000/body-type/estate/model/406/make/peugeot/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/postcode/wa95qb/page/3?logcode=p
The Family version has seven seats so sells for more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now