What to do with the old car?

(5 Posts)
zumo Thu 17-Jan-13 17:56:32

Just sell it your self as the dealer will give you a better deal with no part ex as often they dont want older cars

WMittens Sun 13-Jan-13 21:39:04

If part exchanging, just let the dealer quote their price (and haggle if required). If selling privately, as already said just be honest about the faults.

Personally, I would part ex it at the dealer - getting them to check it and keeping your mouth shut will probably get a similar price to selling it privately and being open and honest, with less hassle.

TreadOnTheCracks Sun 13-Jan-13 20:26:53

When I sold my old one, I looked what similar cars were fetching on Ebay and set a price.

I placed a 30 day classified ebay ad, listed the faults honestly. Said this is the price, don't even ring if you're not happy with it.

Sold it in 20 minutes.

quoteunquote Sun 13-Jan-13 18:44:34

Just sell it sold as seen, on ebay, be honest about faults, set a reserve price and a buy now price, and offer for the car to be inspected before bidding ends,

community.ebay.co.uk/forum/Ebay-Motors/2004

community.ebay.co.uk/category/Ebay-Motors/1900000114

community.ebay.co.uk/forum/New-Selling/3002

check out the price guide on parkers

I had the engine go on a Toyota people carrier, listed it for spares and repairs, and was honest about how bad it was, got £750, for it,

hundreds of cars get sold very quickly on there, but read up beforehand,and ask on the forum for advice.

Benatron Sun 13-Jan-13 14:45:41

Hello,

I will be selling my old car in order to get a bigger family car. I was wondering if it was best to get little niggles (like slightly leaky window seal) sorted out before selling it or just to sell it straight off? I am looking at going through a car dealer.

She's quite a well travelled little car with around 105000 miles on the clock, Peuguot 206 diesel.

Thanks

Ben

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now