What car do I get?!

(8 Posts)

We have a Citroen C3, 6'2" DH and 2 DSs (5 and 3). Just thinking about something bigger now. Excellent fuel economy on 1.4 diesel and low road tax. Honda Jazz also worth looking at.

I'd go for something newer even if a bit smaller. You want something reliable with a baby. They really don't need that much kit!

Milliways Mon 14-Jan-13 18:41:37

I had 1.6l focus diesel (06 & 09 plates) and they are great. The 09 plate was only about £35 road tax- may have been reducing to £20 now? It was extremely economical, reliable, comfy & had a great boot.

WMittens Mon 14-Jan-13 18:38:23

You might want to take a look this blog for fuel efficient cars.

That article missed out the Porsche 918, which blitzes all of those cars with 94mpg.

EmilyEms1 Mon 14-Jan-13 13:42:15

You don't want something too big or else you'll be forking out loads in fuel costs. Focus is a good bet but you might want to look at something like a Citron C3.

You might want to take a look this blog for fuel efficient cars. May be useful to you. http://www.carhoots.com/blogs/greener-driving/fuel-efficient-vehicles-five-of-the-best.aspx

WMittens Sun 13-Jan-13 22:02:58

Focus is a good shout, loads about to choose from and cheap bits.

As an aside, are you sure about 20K a year? 25 mile commute, and assuming 240 working days would put be 6000 in a year to work and back. Will you do another 14000 in domestic trips, holidays, etc?

Benatron Sun 13-Jan-13 14:36:59

Thanks just having a look now.

I just realised that I meant 1.6L Focus earlier!

quoteunquote Sun 13-Jan-13 14:08:45
Benatron Sun 13-Jan-13 14:02:43

Hello Everyone,

I have a baby on the way in the next couple of months and I am looking at getting a bigger car to hold the baby and all its kit. Budget is 2-3K and I drive about 25 miles a day for work (would estimate 20000 miles a year overall). What car do you think I should get?

So far I have mainly liked the look of 1.4L Ford Focus's which are ~ten years old and 65-70K miles on the clock. It would be great if you could let me know whether that is a good idea and/or give me a few more options to consider.

Thanks

Ben

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now