Why is it difficult to find a second hand (approx 5-7 year old) seven seater? Is it just my area?

(35 Posts)
OodKingWenceslas Thu 27-Dec-12 18:43:41

Been looking for months and I can find older ones or 2 year old ( too expensive )ones.

Want a proper 7 seater , not French or automatic. I only find 1 at a time and usually too far away to just go & look at one. Phoned round garages, looked in the paper, looked on autotrader. Looked on eBay although I don't know enough to buy from there.

zumo Sat 29-Dec-12 09:07:51

If the Garage in Wigan is Wheel quick, it will be a good Bongo.
They are a small service and repair place who sell a few good Bongos, I have been twice for parts and once for a repair, allways excellent service a few people on the Bongofury forum bought from him and live miles away but stiull return for servicing.
Just get a video and pics Emailed befor you travel, any Bongo type questions please ask

zumo Sat 29-Dec-12 09:23:09

I forgot to mention
If this is a second car you can get the insurance down if its a camper, a standard Bongo seats convert to a large double bed, or four seats and a table, I fitted a kitchen with hob abd sink in the boot,some insurance companys now class it as a camper van, my insurance went from near £1000 to £320 fully comp with two drivers.
Some cos want a full conversion and the log book stating campervan, but half are happy if it has a pop top, so best to ask and shop around as some are funny over it being a jap import and having 8 seats, but do your home work, Adrien Flux is a good start for insurance, then just check on Bongo fury, most insurers will ask if you belong to a club, if so say yes and jopin Bongo fury for anout £12 a year its worth it for the insurance discount

OodKingWenceslas Sat 29-Dec-12 13:34:18

Thanks. That's useful, it is wheel quick.

RandomMess Sat 29-Dec-12 15:59:26

yes sumo i guess it is, I can only rely on what my decent, reasonable, knowledgable mechanic told me.

zumo Mon 31-Dec-12 16:38:30

I know this is not what you want but some ties its about getting by till the right vehicle turns up, I have just heard of a mint 7 seater Volvo estate for sale its about 20 mins from Wheelquick, Silver, top of the range, leather etc, think he wants about £1000, so they are about, this was £30,000 new, extra seats have never been used.
I had one for about 3 years and couldnt break it.

SantasENormaSnob Mon 31-Dec-12 18:07:23

Zumo, if the op isn't interested in the volvo would you mind sending me a pm with the details?

zumo Mon 31-Dec-12 19:24:16

Details sent via PM

Oodhousekeeping Mon 31-Dec-12 19:39:27

zumo are the extra seats proper ones or collapsible? We will be using 6 all the time hence the limitations on what we want to look at. I've not come across a Volvo one but it's not a brand im familiar with! Pm me the details but enorma don't worry about getting there first as it might be a while before we could get that far to look!

zumo Mon 31-Dec-12 20:11:34

Have a look here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5fJ02fX_vk
At 2.42, show how the extra seats work, its a slightly newer car than his
PM sent

Its not the ideal solution but would keep you mobile whilst yopu are looking

Oodhousekeeping Mon 31-Dec-12 20:16:05

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now