How to stop the inside windscreen fogging?

(6 Posts)
zanz1bar Thu 29-Nov-12 19:37:42

I have a VW Touran, brilliant BUT the inside of the front windscreen fogs up and takes for ever to clear, 5/7 mins in the mornings.
Is there some way to stop it, control it or deal with it quickly that isn't the cuff of my coat?
I am a first responder and need to get on the road quickly, not waste time waiting, sitting in the car park.

redgate Thu 29-Nov-12 19:43:41

You can buy some stuff from Halfords, sorry I can't remember the name, but same people that make rainex. It's liquid you wipe on inside of screen with a dry cloth, stops it misting up - works fairly well (def worth a try)

WMittens Thu 29-Nov-12 22:22:18

Stupid questions out of the way first: have you checked the demister is working? Do you have air con, and does it need regassing?

You could try neat fairy liquid rubbed into the screen, probably a very similar thing to that rainex stuff anyway. Worked a treat on motorbike helmet visors, although you don't want it getting too wet!

Or keep a microfibre cloth or two in the car and give the windscreen a good wipe to help the demister.

WMittens Thu 29-Nov-12 22:26:27

A quick point about sitting in the car park on cold mornings: the engine will take ages to get up to temperature if you're not moving, and some diesels may never get up to the right temp. Wipe the windscreen and get moving as soon as possible, if it's sitting there idling it's not going to do the engine any favours.

zanz1bar Thu 29-Nov-12 22:28:59

Right a trip to halfords and some micro fibre cloths.
Thanks everyone

Jergens Tue 01-Jan-13 00:53:30

I bought a dehumidifier bean bag type thing fr amazon as I was having similar problems. It just sits on dashboard and works a treat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now