Skoda Superb Estate?

(15 Posts)
vigglewiggle Sun 11-Nov-12 16:47:56

Thinking of getting one - why should I? Why shouldn't I?

bureni Sun 11-Nov-12 16:56:19

Just a Volkswagon Passat estate rebadged, a lot depends on what engine you choose really. The diesel TDI 1.9 is an excellent and powerful engine, one of the best you can buy.

vigglewiggle Sun 11-Nov-12 17:26:56

I'm looking at the 2.0 tdi DSG elegance. I'm quite taken with it, but just wondered if anyone has any (good or bad) experience.

vigglewiggle Mon 12-Nov-12 09:35:24

Bumping for any other views smile.

vigglewiggle Mon 12-Nov-12 18:37:49

Anyone? Got to make a decision soon!

WMittens Mon 12-Nov-12 20:10:45

Luxury Car of the Year 2009, apparently. Lots of kit on it, Elegance looks to be the middle trim level, should be good for nearly 50mpg, reasonable tax*. Doubt you'll go far wrong, get it bought.

*There are two versions of the 2.0 TDI engine, the more powerful one (170hp) is actually in the lower tax band. Check which one it comes with, but from what I can find the DSG will come with the 170.

Waswondering Mon 12-Nov-12 20:16:11

Our neighbour has one in black and I think it's lovely .... so aesthetically on the driveway it's very nice. No idea what it's like as a car though know a couple of folks with Skodas who have been v v pleased with them.

vigglewiggle Mon 12-Nov-12 20:35:28

Thank you both. I like aesthetic views aswell as the techy stuff. It was the good reviews that led me to it in the first place mittens but I hadn't thought about the tax banding - will check.

Glittertwins Mon 12-Nov-12 20:38:48

Dad used to have a Superb, really comfy and had no problems with it even doing something like 80 000 miles in 3 years (company car).

vigglewiggle Mon 12-Nov-12 21:46:26

Good to know, though I'll be doing much less than that. My current car is 8 years old and has 24,000 miles! The salesman had the cheek to ask if it was genuine mileage!

LostInWales Mon 12-Nov-12 21:51:19

I have an Octavia Scout estate and I love it, great to drive, really happy with it, can't imagine owning a different type of car now.

vigglewiggle Mon 12-Nov-12 22:07:35

I love the look of the Octavia Scout. Unfortunately they've stopped making them at the moment and it's impossible to find a used one with the spec I'm after. I probably do need the extra space in the Superb, but if i didnt I would love a Scout!

LostInWales Mon 12-Nov-12 22:15:21

Oh no have they stopped making them? They are really into the Yeti version at the moment. What a bugger, it was hard enough finding this one second hand.

vigglewiggle Mon 12-Nov-12 22:42:18

They are remodelling the octavia, so you can't currently order a new one yet, not sure whether they will include a Scout in the new range.

Put off by only a available in automatic. New Octavias may mean better prices on older ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now