4x4 or crossover that fits 3 car seats? Audi Q5 or other suggestions?

(2 Posts)
babyblabber Sun 04-Nov-12 17:17:27

so not planning no.3 quite yet but DH wants to change the car and i'm only agreeing if it means we keep the next one for 7/8 years so want one that will fit an infant seat, a rearfacing second stage and a booster.

i have short person syndrome so like being up high and DH defo does not want a people carrier/7 seater. does anyone know of a 4x4 or one of the crossovers that fits 3 seats across the back? We have a qashqai now and I know from a friends experience three seats wouldn't fit.

DH loves the Audi Q5, anyone have one?

any suggestions welcome!

jkl Wed 16-Jan-13 10:20:15

Hi, we have a Honda CRV and it fits 3 seats in the back. We have had it for about 5 years and have had the following car seats over that time...
Maxi cosi cabrio and 2 x Maxi Cosi XP
3 x Maxi Cosi XP
1 x Maxi Cosi XP and 2 x Maxi Cosi RodiFix (not using the Isofix - we needed high back boosters without arm rests to help keep the skin on ours and the kids knuckles when fastening them in. This seat is just the ticket. The Maxi Cosi Fero would also work as that doesn't have armrests either).
From fiddling about I think we can fit 3 x Ferofix when we come to need them in 2 years or so.
The back seats can move forward/back so that will help when we need the 3 highback boosters.

We have the diesel so it's quite friendly on fuel consumption and the boot is enormous. Can easily fit a P&T double without having to fold it fully, plus scooters/shopping etc. We haven't had any problems with it and I would hate to loose it - hence many hours or research to find the best high back boosters :-)

Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now