Trying to find out how much a better 7 seater will cost but can't think of many at the moment. Can you help please!

(23 Posts)
OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 12:47:07

Not French please! I've fell out with Renault and an trying to work out if we can afford something else .

chrysler grand voyager

kia sedona

some say the zafira

OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 12:52:36

Not a zafira, My mum used to have one, too small for what we need!

I would look intot he other two then. What i would say with the Kia is, it is more economical with MPG if you stay away from supermarket petrol stations, i know it seems strange but it really does make a difference.

OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 13:00:08

Don't have a supermarket one handy here hmm

Do you have a Kia? I don't know much about them.

Was looking at Toyota as my other car is Toyota and v reliable. Just desperate to get rid of this Renault haven't told dh yet

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:02:46

newer Kias are fantastic cars (DH has a Ceed & it's been great) but the Sedona is an older design & not so well recommended

are you looking for new or used, Oooo? what's your budget?

booklava Tue 30-Oct-12 13:03:16

Does it have to be 7 seater - we have a Fiat Multipla which is 6 it is really good and loads of boot space. We have diesel which is economical as well.

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:04:52

what car only give it 1 star but it is relatively cheap & it does come with the Kia 7-year warranty

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:06:39

Seat Alhambra gets 5 stars

similar to Galaxy & Sharan but cheaper - I think - not so many around though

OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 13:12:16

Only going to get 2k ish for the Renault and I'm on meter nifty leave next year so reluctant to get into finance at the moment. Probably about 5-7k absolute limit.

Need 6 seats but can't see dh going for the fiat.

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:14:11

LOL at meter nifty leave grin

I'll have a look round for you - which part of the country are you in?

yes we have a kia, we do like it and it meets our needs really well. ours is 3 years old. I dont think we would put it at the top of our list and run out and buy another but we are like that with cars anyway. Unless its a chrysler, that we would have another one of.

OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 13:19:48

Cumbria

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:20:20

Toyota Previa is worth looking at in your price range - diesel rather than petrol as it's a big engine. Sliding doors, loads of space & supposed to be quite reliable.

Previa are good cars but having had one if someone gave me a choice between that and the sedona i would go for the sedona.

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:27:21

I just did a search on autotrader based on a radius of 60 miles around Kendal

41 7-seaters with 80K miles or less in your price range - quite a few are Zafiras & Renaults but lots aren't smile

you can tweak the search yourself - you have to register first but it doesn't cost anything

Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:29:19
Ponders Tue 30-Oct-12 13:34:12

Kia Carens with quite low miles

what car slightly keener than on the Sedona! it gets good owner reviews though

it's a 5+2 like the Zafira, not a full-size 7-seater

OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 14:45:38

Ooh loads to look at there, thanks have to actually talk to dh about it now

OoooOoooOoood Tue 30-Oct-12 19:22:01

Dh quite keen on the change £600+ in repairs in the near future helped

OoooOoooOoood Wed 31-Oct-12 18:45:58

Had a look at a Honda f-RV today but we decided that we needed more space as dd1 would drive us mad in the middle.

Our short list to look at is

Galaxy
Sedona
Alhambra
Sharan.

Are they all pretty much the same?

Ponders Wed 31-Oct-12 20:32:18

3 of them actually are the same car, with different badge & trim - Sedona is completely different.

OoooOoooOoood Wed 31-Oct-12 20:35:40

Yeah thought so. So I just need to find any one of them to compare with the Sedona , then find the one in the right price range and time enough for dh & i to travel to see it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now