Which 7 seater car to buy?

(116 Posts)
defuse Wed 24-Oct-12 23:51:36

Hi,

I need to purchase a 7 seater car. Dont have a clue whats out there. Any ideas which 7 seaters are spacious and economical as well as not too expensive to buy? I have heard good things about skoda yeti but dont know if that comes in a 7 seater size.

Any knowledgeable mnetters out there? smile

XBenedict Fri 26-Oct-12 22:37:53

Wouldn't swap my SMax for anything, lovely car, lots of space & gadgets!

sandyballs Sat 27-Oct-12 07:58:05

No one seems to have mentioned the Mitsubishi grandis, fab car. 7 proper seats, the two in the very back arent flimsy like the Zafira. Solid and reliable.

booboomonster Sat 27-Oct-12 10:55:24

Another vote here for the Berlingo, although again, we only have the 5 seater. But I'd say if you are a city dweller, like me, the 7 seater version could really work as it's a very compact car but like a tardis inside.

defuse Sun 28-Oct-12 22:30:41

I have just come back to this thread since posting (been a hectic few days and am amazed at the number of responses!! - and grateful!) am reading through them all currently and will hopefully make up my mind after reading all your experiences. Many thanks. smile

defuse Sun 28-Oct-12 23:23:51

Just read through all the replies abd made a list of all cars mentioned along with pros and cons. Now going on internt to find pics and further reviews. Thanks all.

So far peugeot 5008,xc90, c8 and verso are on my interested list.

Sharan, touran, galaxy and smax are on my reliable list.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Sun 28-Oct-12 23:32:10

If I'd had the cash, I would have replaced our Ctroen Synergie with its succesor - the C8. We all loved that car.
<and it loved us>

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 29-Oct-12 20:12:55

We've narrowed it down to the Mazda 5 or the peugeot 5008. We're in the market for an occasional 7 seater, so we're not looking for anything as big as the s-max or grandis.

PanicMode Tue 30-Oct-12 06:10:53

Harassed - Yes, both 2.2dci

I am very aggrieved on your behalf - the second, recent failure resulted in us expecting a massive bill and the garage called US to say Renault were going to cover the majority of the cost - we didn't think for a second that was an option!

I don't know what we will get next - but as we live in a town, I don't want a 'Chelsea tractor'?. That said, we do need a big 7 seater as DH is 6ft 6 and all of the children are above averagely tall!

HaplessHousewife Tue 30-Oct-12 18:23:40

I love my XC90, it's heavy on diesel and tyres but I forgive it because it's comfy and safe. It also has a Winter Mode button so driving in snow and ice is easy.

How did I not know about the shopping bag compartment?

PoppyAmex Portugal Sat 03-Nov-12 17:37:47

Hapless it's in the boot by the door, there's a lever just lift it and presto you have a shopping bag compartment which stops your bags flying all over the boot.

It's very handy.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 03-Nov-12 17:44:39

We've just bought a peugeot 5008. I'll tell you all about it in a couple of weeks once we've actually got it and driven it a bit!

janew57 Thu 03-Jan-13 05:31:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

chrisp1 Sun 24-Mar-13 12:35:40

Personally my favourite is the X5 although the Discovery 4 is another great choice if you're looking for something a bit different. The X5 looks pretty stylish too which helps! The main problem though is the cost, but a second hand one from around 2005-2007 is somewhere in the £8-10k region. Obviously still quite expensive but a lot more reasonable than a new one. Watch out if you're getting one though as the saloon version is just a 5 seater, it's the other model that's the 7 seater. Not that great at off-roading if you need the 4x4, but as good as it gets on the tarmac.

Turniphead1 Mon 25-Mar-13 18:35:31

I love my VW Sharan. It's one if the newer ones that has the sliding doors. Awesome.

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Thu 28-Mar-13 10:28:49

Morning all. Just thought you'd like to know that we've published a guide to the Top 10 seven-seaters. Do take a look - we think it's essential reading <modest>.

SnowWhite2 Sat 25-May-13 03:57:18

hi every body,
I would like to know how good is ford fiesta
I also found this article;
bestinclasscars.com/small-cars/kia-rio-with-the-best-front-seat-legroom-among-2013-subcompact-cars/
is it a good car?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now