7 seater 4x4 - which one has seats that are teenager + size

(6 Posts)
cityangel Sat 20-Oct-12 16:17:00

We have been looking in the XC90 as need seats that pop up for additional children to our 3. I worry that as they are all going to be lanky teenagers soon a car that has limited leg room in the back row when those seats are up would be too uncomfortable for them.

What are the best options with seats that can pop up in the boot and could accommodate teenagers comfortably for an hour or longer? Money is an issue but I want to understand what the options or before I work out whether we are priced out of this option...

Many thanks.

cazboldy Sat 20-Oct-12 16:20:45

hmm good luck with this one - let me know when you find one!

am thinking, a disco/range rover, or big toyota.....

we have a nissan terrano atm but they don't make them anymore..... ours is an 04

fatsatsuma Sat 20-Oct-12 16:21:06

We have the new VW sharan. Loads of leg room in all 3 rows and massive boot space when seats folded down.

fatsatsuma Sat 20-Oct-12 16:21:50

Sharan isn't 4x4 though.

WMittens Sat 20-Oct-12 21:39:21

Sharan isn't 4x4 though.

The 4WD ones are. Available as an option on the 2.8 VR6 model(s). Seat Alhambra is the same (or similar) car underneath and also has a 4WD option.

The problem with off roaders/soft roaders/SUVs is the 4 wheel drive system and extra ground clearance reduce the volume inside the car (or you end up with a vehicle as tall as a bus), so the rearmost seats are unlikely to cater (comfortably) for a full-sized adult; maybe one could fit, at an angle.

WMittens Sat 20-Oct-12 21:40:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now