Are Pegeuot part prices expensive?

(11 Posts)
WMittens Fri 28-Dec-12 21:36:33

Mum2Fergus

"Probably too late to the party but I had to replace the starter motor in my 307...twice!! Cost me nearly £3k in total..."

If they were only doing the starter motor, you got fleeced. Even at a main dealer that sort of work should have been south of £400; an independent garage would be cheaper. Reconditioned starters can be had from £50/£60, plus an hour or two of labour. £1500 is criminal.

zumo Fri 28-Dec-12 18:10:27

Its all dependent on what goes wrong, I am on my 4th Peugeot and the good thing is you can buy copy parts from all motor factors this is the cheapest way, if you went to a main dealer for everything then it would always be expensive what ever make you had

Mum2Fergus Mon 24-Dec-12 21:00:46

Probably too late to the party but I had to replace the starter motor in my 307...twice!! Cost me nearly £3k in total...have a Fiat now smile

WMittens Sat 17-Nov-12 11:04:44

Depends on what fails - if the engine goes bang, it's going to cost a lot. New wiper blades, not so much.

Overall no, it's a boggo hatchback from a bargain brand, it's not a top end Mercedes. Find a good independent garage and avoid main dealer rates.

Impdriver Fri 16-Nov-12 15:33:45

I used to have a Peugeot 206, we always used to get parts from GSF carparts, they are a fraction of the price that Peugeot charge for the same thing !

PanonOlympus Sat 13-Oct-12 00:07:38

I think that's how it works. I've had all sorts of cars, Italian, French, British ( lovely old 1974 Rover), but Vauxhalls are always cheap and get the job done if that's what you need.

The second bit was to Olympus obviously.

ah, bureni, interesting...

I'll have a look at Vauxhalls and Fords again. Everyone keeps on telling me to get one of them!

PanonOlympus Fri 12-Oct-12 23:46:25

Comaratively, yes. Well, when looking at Vauxhalls and Fords for example. There isn't a Pegeuot factory in Britain, so I am guessing all parts must be imported. Hence all other things being equal, more expensive. I think.

bureni Fri 12-Oct-12 23:46:13

No, just but Citroen parts which are up to half the price, same car at the end of the day.

Looking to buy a second hand a 307? Will the parts' prices be a problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now