Are Pegeuot part prices expensive?

(11 Posts)

Looking to buy a second hand a 307? Will the parts' prices be a problem?

bureni Fri 12-Oct-12 23:46:13

No, just but Citroen parts which are up to half the price, same car at the end of the day.

PanonOlympus Fri 12-Oct-12 23:46:25

Comaratively, yes. Well, when looking at Vauxhalls and Fords for example. There isn't a Pegeuot factory in Britain, so I am guessing all parts must be imported. Hence all other things being equal, more expensive. I think.

ah, bureni, interesting...

I'll have a look at Vauxhalls and Fords again. Everyone keeps on telling me to get one of them!

The second bit was to Olympus obviously.

PanonOlympus Sat 13-Oct-12 00:07:38

I think that's how it works. I've had all sorts of cars, Italian, French, British ( lovely old 1974 Rover), but Vauxhalls are always cheap and get the job done if that's what you need.

Impdriver Fri 16-Nov-12 15:33:45

I used to have a Peugeot 206, we always used to get parts from GSF carparts, they are a fraction of the price that Peugeot charge for the same thing !

WMittens Sat 17-Nov-12 11:04:44

Depends on what fails - if the engine goes bang, it's going to cost a lot. New wiper blades, not so much.

Overall no, it's a boggo hatchback from a bargain brand, it's not a top end Mercedes. Find a good independent garage and avoid main dealer rates.

Mum2Fergus Mon 24-Dec-12 21:00:46

Probably too late to the party but I had to replace the starter motor in my 307...twice!! Cost me nearly £3k in total...have a Fiat now smile

zumo Fri 28-Dec-12 18:10:27

Its all dependent on what goes wrong, I am on my 4th Peugeot and the good thing is you can buy copy parts from all motor factors this is the cheapest way, if you went to a main dealer for everything then it would always be expensive what ever make you had

WMittens Fri 28-Dec-12 21:36:33

Mum2Fergus

"Probably too late to the party but I had to replace the starter motor in my 307...twice!! Cost me nearly £3k in total..."

If they were only doing the starter motor, you got fleeced. Even at a main dealer that sort of work should have been south of £400; an independent garage would be cheaper. Reconditioned starters can be had from £50/£60, plus an hour or two of labour. £1500 is criminal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now