Renault Scenic

(13 Posts)
Dordeydoo Sun 07-Oct-12 22:31:34

Looking at buying one so please can you tell me what you think if you have/had one?

Thanks

nilbyname Sun 07-Oct-12 22:33:45

I have an 06 plate.

I think the brake pads are shit and have had to spend a fortune on replacing pads, bearings etc.

Lilymaid Sun 07-Oct-12 22:35:41

We have had two - DH loves them and they are very comfortable. At present we have a diesel model that can deliver 70mpg on motorway trips. But they do have a reputation for unreliability.

Lilymaid Sun 07-Oct-12 22:36:54

nilbyname - we've had no problems at all with brake pads! We have had to replace the diesel injectors on our 56 model.

needsomesunshine Sun 07-Oct-12 22:37:53

Have had 2 on lease hire. Would never buy one brand new as depreciation is very steep! If your getting a 7 seater back seats are small.

Dordeydoo Sun 07-Oct-12 22:39:23

Am a nanny and currently driving a clio which is far far far to small, would only use a 5seater

pinkmagic1 Sun 07-Oct-12 22:45:13

I had one and it was the most unreliable car ever. It would be in the garage at least once a month for something or other and I was on first name terms with the AA man! I would never buy another Renault.

MothershipG Wed 10-Oct-12 17:20:54

I have a 13 year old Scenic which, until recently was very reliable, it is now definitely feeling it's age, although driving it (very slowly wink) into the back of a lorry probably didn't help!

NightLark Wed 10-Oct-12 17:28:30

I have a 7 seater (2010 vintage) and it's fine - comfy cabin, room for 3 car seats along the back, and seems perfectly reliable so far. I worried like mad when I heard all the unreliability stories after buying it (doh) but the worst I can say about it is that it's a bit underpowered - struggles on hills when loaded with shopping and DC. Better in town than on motorways.

frasersmummy Wed 10-Oct-12 17:35:17

we got rid of our 5 year old scenic cos it was a nightmare.. The electrics were terrible. The windows would go up or down by themselves even when the car was just sitting in the drive and when they went down they wouldnt go back up

the dashboard had to be replaced twice cos it just went blank so couldnt even see what speed you were doing

when we traded it in the guy in the garage said .. right so how many of your windows work and is the mileage right or is it the mileage of a new dashboard...

he said dodgy windows and dashboards were standard ..

but dont let me put you off [grin ]

WMittens Wed 10-Oct-12 20:46:35

needsomesunshine

"Have had 2 on lease hire. Would never buy one brand new as depreciation is very steep!"

Do you mean from that you're leasing secondhand?

wagon Tue 16-Oct-12 15:42:37

I loved my Scenic until yesterday when it locked with the baby inside. Was a total nightmare.

NOOOO!!!!!!

Don't do it. I loved mine for a week, so DP got one, too.

Then the problems started. Alternator went on mine. It was a pig to change - had to come out via the wheel arch! Then head gasket went. DP's gears went. It was just one problem after another.

French cars are extremely unreliable. Will never have one again, as long as I live. Next car will be German, hopefully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now