changing a volvo v50 to something bigger??

(3 Posts)
HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Mon 08-Oct-12 19:50:54

We're currently looking for a newish estate, we've whittled diwn to a shortlist of Audi A6, Volvo V70 or VW Passat. The Audi is generally the more expensive to buy and run but DH is having to sell his beloved A3 to finance new car so I agreed to test drive. Volvos always seem to have good reviews, we had an ancient 740 for years with no problems. The Passat seems best all round, and if you can get the Bluemotion its v cheap to tax and v good mpg. DH is a mechanic & won't entertain the idea of any French makes due to the problems he sees and I'm not keen on Japanese although no real reason why!

Not sure if any if that is helpful or not... Tbh if our budget was bigger I'd have another Discovery in a flash, but its not so I can't sad

Ponyofdoom Mon 08-Oct-12 19:37:51

Check out the Honest John website for reviews and stats/MPG etc plus there's a reliability index website linked. V70 probably fine or how about a Toyota Avensis? Very reliable.

dannyboyle Sat 29-Sep-12 22:02:10

we currently have a volvo v50 as a family car to carry us, baby, toddler and large dog. Been away this week and it has been a tight squeeze for us all (already got a roof box). Got about £15k to spend on something bigger and interested in the v70. Anyone any views on this or other suggestions please? needs to be reasonably swift to keep DH and I happy, good fuel economy as will do various trips to family etc as well as me using it day to day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now