big car (7 seater) for short driver

(8 Posts)
Lolwhut Fri 14-Sep-12 23:24:35

Belingo - the seats fold but have to be fully removed to create extra space. The two seats in the back row don't have much room. The seats are 2:3:2 .

I've had several grand voyagers, the latest had seats that folded into the floor, they were excellent and really easy to manoeuvre. I had this car overseas so don't know if the model tallies with UK versions. Mine was thirsty and slightly underpowered. Huge but surprisingly easy to parallel park. The electric sliding doors are good if you have little DC. I find them really comfortable. I didn't want one in the UK as I thought they are too wide for the little roads and narrow parking spots, plus my DC's are older teens now. I only had them as company cars. I tended to have one of the middle row seats folded into the floor most the time. It was as though the car had a little lobby smile

How many DC will you have?

TooBusyByHalf Fri 14-Sep-12 22:06:02

thanks everyone. I know I should be thinking about fuel economy, safety, cost of insurance and all that but my major concern is the seat configurations! do the back seats fold flat in those? (in the galaxy you have to take them out completely for the 5 seat gigantic boot option rather than folding into the floor) are they 2-3-2 or 2-2-3 (like the voyager)? is the boot still big when all 7 seats are in use?

Sidge Fri 14-Sep-12 21:47:40

I'm 5 foot 1 and have had a Ford S-Max which I LOVED and now have a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso which is good as well.

Visibility in both is fine, even better with the C4 as it has a panoramic windscreen. Both have fully adjustable seats.

My friend (about 5 foot 4) has a Grand Voyager and drives it easily.

Lolwhut Fri 14-Sep-12 21:44:12

What about a Citroen belingo, 7 seater. Ugly but very cheap to buy, insure and run. Safety rating is good. Not that quiet on motorways but great around town. Excellent visibility. Sliding side doors so easy car seat access.

VerityClinch Fri 14-Sep-12 21:31:12

I'm 5'1" and drive a Ford S-Max.

It's BRILLIANT.

CrystalTits Fri 14-Sep-12 21:29:00

Have you considered a Grand Scenic? We have the regular 5-seater Scenic and from my perspective as a shortarse (5'0") the visibility is excellent, with full seat adjustment. Just be careful about the famous Renault electrical problems - I usually research What Car, Honest John and Renault forum websites.

TooBusyByHalf Fri 14-Sep-12 21:13:13

anyone got a chrysler grand voyager?

TooBusyByHalf Fri 14-Sep-12 13:11:44

Hi
I currently drive a Ford Galaxy but we bought it when I was heavily pregnant with twins so I couldn't test drive it properly. Turns out the visibility is crap for someone as short as me (5'3) and the seat has no up/down adjustment. View is restricted on all 4 corners - front as well as reversing.
We do need the 7 seats and big boot. Does anyone have any experience of other models (old/second hand) with better all round visiblity?
Many thanks for your advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now