damaged tax disc

(6 Posts)
moogalicious Wed 22-Aug-12 17:26:54

Just a quickie - the dog chewed my tax disc, which had been posted through the letter box. I have all the bits and can tape it together, but is it still ok to display it in this condition?

TIA

moogalicious Wed 22-Aug-12 17:27:51

oo, am I in the wrong section confused

I ripped mine in half when removing it from the stupid paper holder, I just sellotaped it and it was fine.

Machadaynu Wed 22-Aug-12 17:31:47

there are two offences to do with car taz

1) failure to tax - you aren't doing this as you have paid. This is the one the DVLA impound your car for.

2) failure to display a valid tax disc - this is the one the police do you for. If your disc is readable I'm pretty sure it'd be ok. If you live/work near a police station it might be worth showing them the disc and asking what they think!

moogalicious Wed 22-Aug-12 17:34:41

Yes it's readable. Thanks for the advice!

WMittens Wed 22-Aug-12 20:58:11

"You must replace your tax disc if it has been lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged, or the figures on it can’t be read because the disc has faded. You can get a duplicate tax disc in person or by post by using a V20 'Application for duplicate tax disc'."

From Direct.gov

Claim it never arrived and you don't have to pay the £7 fee wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now