Parking brake buttons instead of handbrake?

(10 Posts)
LadyCurd Fri 17-Aug-12 12:16:01

Considering a Renault scenic or c4 Picasso for next car but both have parking brake buttons instead of a hand brake. A feature I really really don't like.

Reassure me I would get used to it and they are safe?

I live on a hill!

You would get used to it. But I wouldn't touch a French car with a barge pole. Sorry.

slalomsuki Fri 17-Aug-12 12:21:26

I had a Scenic for a while and yes you do get used to it. It was more reliable than the Ford I have now and the only problem with the button was going back to a hand brake. I initially kept reaching for the button and the automatic handbrake. I only changed to get 7 seats

Sidge Fri 17-Aug-12 12:29:56

I have a Grand C4 and it has an automatic handbrake with the push-button. It took a bit of getting used to but it's fine now. The Grand C4 also has brake assist so when you pull away it holds the brake whilst you lift the clutch - makes hill starts easy!

Had it 2.5 years and no issues with the handbrake at all.

HaitchJay Fri 17-Aug-12 13:12:06

Have a scenic and prefer it. But don't recommend them as a car due to high repair costs.

Loshad Sun 19-Aug-12 20:56:56

love french cars, had loads over the years and they have all been fab

Loshad Sun 19-Aug-12 20:57:25

love french cars, had loads over the years and they have all been fab

cece Sun 19-Aug-12 21:10:36

I love everything about my scenic except the repair bills. Love the handbrake too.

BikeMedalsRunningMedals Sun 19-Aug-12 21:15:09

I would never, ever have another Scenic. I don't fancy the local Renault dealership service manager that much.

However, my boss's car (C Max) has a parking button instead of a handbrake, and it's fine. I drive that car from time to time ans it's easy enough.

t0lk13n Sun 19-Aug-12 21:19:51

I never got used to my husband`s push button break and didn`t drive the car much...didn`t feel right!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now