How old is your current car? And when do you plan to replace it?

(126 Posts)
Earlybird Mon 06-Aug-12 19:55:00

And when you replace it, are you likely to buy new or used?

Just curious as I read a stat that says the average age of a passenger car in the US is 11 years - which seems quite old.

Wonder if we run our cars for a similar amount of time?

kellestar Fri 31-Aug-12 17:11:41

My current car, Renault Megane is 11 years old and over the weekend will tick over 90,000 miles. I plan on keeping this one until it dies. It was purchased second hand when it was 3 years old with 8,000 miles on the clock.

When I replace it we will look around, I like the look of the Skoda Yeti and DH wants to replace it with the Citroen Berlingo Multispace [he has the berlingo van and loves it]. it's likely it'll be a nearly new purchase. I just hate the idea of buying brand new as it depreciates so quick.

I have two other vehicles, that are mainly used for Jolly's but were our regular use cars until work installed speed bumps and I couldn't get up the drive in my 1964 Triumph Spitfire as it grazed every single one of them. DH's regular use vehicle is a 1952 Landrover 80" series one, until he got a works van.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now