do you have a VW sharan?

(32 Posts)

if so do you like it?
thinking of trading our volvo in for one

no-one??

4madboys Sun 29-Jan-12 20:39:44

we had one for about 3 or 4 yrs and loved it, we traded it in for something bigger when no 5 came along smile

4madboys Sun 29-Jan-12 20:44:07

actually the main reason we traded it in was because the middle seat in the middle row only had a lap belt, but ours was an older model, any newer ones will have a 3 point belt there now smile

januaryjojo Thu 02-Feb-12 20:09:39

Newer Sharans do have a centre 3 point belt, but it is one of those suspended from the ceiling types.

Which I'm sure aren't suitable for some types of car seat, so something to check.

I have a Caddy Maxi life, which is bigger than the Sharan and is fantastic.

oh gawd, i wish i could tag people on here! truthsweet's husband wants the caddy maxi life lol

dp has said he won't drive something called the caddy maxi life. but apparently the sharan is ok hmm lol

i don't want to use the middle seat, so seatbelt won't be an issue.

i want BIG gaps between all of the children so they can not hit/kick/touch each other grin

SJisontheway Thu 02-Feb-12 23:24:52

I have a Sharan and love it. The new ones have sliding doors which are definitely a plus when getting kids out of a large car. Good mileage too

Ha ha we just call it 'the car'!

januaryjojo Fri 03-Feb-12 12:41:05

In that case you want a 52 seater coach!!! grin

weblette Fri 03-Feb-12 12:43:31

We've a new model Sharan and absolutely love it.

Great drive, excellent fuel economy and heaps of room - I've 4 dcs. With the very back seats up there's still enough room to fit in a full shop.

weblette, don't suppose next time you're going out with the seats up you could measure the distance between the back of the back seats and the window coudl you???

grin

weblette Fri 03-Feb-12 20:28:37

Will do! I keep them up all the time - I'll even take a pic or two for you grin

D0G Fri 03-Feb-12 20:30:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Louplet Fri 03-Feb-12 20:35:36

Also have a new model Sharan and love it.

thanks weblette, i'd really appreciate that.
our local "car supermarket" didn't have any for me to look at, and not many of the ones i've found online have had pics of the back seats and the boot space.

you're all selling it to me though grin

Gigondas Fri 03-Feb-12 20:41:59

We took delivery of a 2.0tdi sharan in december. We bought the s level version with optional xenons, tinted rear windows, and 2 integrated child seats in the middle row (well worth having). V impressed with the ride, which is very smooth. The engine (the 140bhp version) is amazingly economical but powerful enough. The dab radio is good too, but we couldn't justify the satnav. The middle row seats are all isofix and 3 point belts, on the current model. If you want to save a few quid try the identical Seat Alhambra

how do you find the 2 litre engine? is it powerful enough?

i am spoilt atm with a 2.4 litre volvo, which was all we could get when we were buying it (there were waiting lists for them and everything!!)

also, what is the tax on them? just wondering how it compares to something like the volvo xc90

weblette Fri 03-Feb-12 21:01:20

It can fairly shift even when fully filled with dcs and luggage. Can't remember the tax but can check

D0G Fri 03-Feb-12 21:04:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gigondas Fri 03-Feb-12 21:07:03

The 2.0tdi engine comes in two variants, a 140bhp and 170bhp version. The latter has better acceleration but a slightly worse fuel consumption. However both are 'blue efficiency' engines and have amazingly good mpg. with a full tank you have an enormous range. I test drove the 138bhp and was and am completely comfortable with it. We have the dsg gearbox which is v slick, but has paddles in the steering wheels if you want to override the auto.

The tax is £130 pa at the moment, just froze myself going out to check it for you...

Gigondas Fri 03-Feb-12 21:08:24

Oh and get park assist, it's magic!

oh you're all just SO useful!!
i knew mumsnet would come to my rescue.

did any of you look at other models when you were buying? ford galaxy etc? what made you go for the VW?

i have my eye on a used one atm with the park assist actually

perhaps i should snap it up now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now