CA beware of overtime

(1 Post)
lessthanBeau Mon 01-Jun-15 17:59:37

I am so angry about this, I work 12 hours a week, I had been looking after my dB until he died in march, as I sometimes worked an extra shift my earnings were classed as irregular so I had to send in monthly payslips, over Xmas due to having bank holidays I earned £43 over the limit, so due to monthly payslips instead of weekly I was not entitled to 3 weeks ca, that's over £180 due to one week with 2 bank holidays! then after my dB died I was told I would get ca for a further 8 weeks, I was paid for 5 weeks, when I called to ask why I hadn't had 8 weeks, I was told that as I wasn't entitled to ca for 3 weeks for earning over the limit during the period (that's £43 over should we forget) I wouldn't get the full 8 weeks, if I had weekly payslips i would have only lost 1 week ca, and got 8 weeks bereavement , so in reality that £43 has now cost me over £360 in ca.
what is the government playing at with this, how much did I and all you other carers save them with our care, and they treat us like this, its disgusting. I would have done the caring regardless of any monetary gain, and luckily I didn't have to rely on the payments but so many others out there do. this is what they think we're worth angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now