What questions should I ask?

(3 Posts)
prettypurpledaisy Sat 12-Mar-11 19:51:03

Thanks for the links Jaybird. I will ring them in the morning. Currently she lives in warden assisted accommodation, since her stroke she has no short term memory and it is very difficult to visit her as she doesnt always know who I am or my DCs. She is doubly incontinent and very confused. She has forgotton how to tell the time and read. I think she will need full time nursing care and that terrifies me.
Thanks again.

Jaybird37 Sat 12-Mar-11 15:44:31

Hi Daisy. So sorry to hear about your mum. It is difficult to offer you any advice without knowing more about the circumstances - how the stroke has affected your mother, what kind of accommodation she has currently, what support is available.

Counsel & Care are a charity that are very good at this kind of conversation. Link here

You can also speak to Stroke UK

I hope that helps.

prettypurpledaisy Sat 12-Mar-11 12:04:06

My Mum had stroke six weeks ago and has spent the time since in hospital. My brother and I have been asked to attend a meeting to diccuss Mum's future care. I have a feeling that a nursing home is going to be the recommendation.
What questions should I be asking? Don't want to sit there like a damp lettuce leaf but want to be prepared.
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now