This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Group 1 car seat that clips onto a stroller frame

(25 Posts)
bibbetybobbetybooo Sat 26-Nov-16 17:09:15

Does anyone know if one exists? Preferable one that rearfaces for longer?
I'm in an annoying situation where I can't drive at the moment.
I need to get a taxi to work (so I want an ERF car seat) as the buses don't run that early.
I'll get a bus back to save money but then I'll have to lug back an enormous car seat.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck!

bibbetybobbetybooo Sat 26-Nov-16 20:51:30

Anyone??

PetalMettle Sat 26-Nov-16 20:53:13

I think it's only 0 or 0+ that clip on. The later ones are just too heavy. How much does dc weigh?

dementedpixie Sat 26-Nov-16 20:54:01

I don't think it exists tbh

NapQueen Sat 26-Nov-16 20:54:29

Could you arrange a contract with a taxi firm to have a set car every day with the car seat left in their boot?

dementedpixie Sat 26-Nov-16 20:55:00

Do you have black cabs that can take a pushchair with your lo in it rather than use a car seat?

NapQueen Sat 26-Nov-16 20:56:19

Oh yeah the big Hackney cabs you can set your pushchair backwards in the back

BobbieDog Sat 26-Nov-16 20:57:03

How old is the child?

Could you get a rear facing one now whilst you have no car then get a ERF one one the child has outgrown the baby seat and you have a car again?

AndNowItsSeven Sat 26-Nov-16 20:58:51

Yes this one
Sit 'n' Stroll - travel car seat & holiday buggy www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0100CK8PO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FCFoyb0X15BQC

Twoevils Sat 26-Nov-16 21:01:37

We had an Akta Graco DuoLogic II which was a rear-facing seat up to 4 years. It had a baby-carrier bit that could be detached and apparently would fit on a buggy frame, I can't remember which one now and was only available in the States so was beyond my means. I believe that seat became another model, maybe something by BeSafe? That's about as much use to you as a chocolate teapot now, but just thought I'd tell you that something like that once existed (talking about 7 years ago)

Twoevils Sat 26-Nov-16 21:11:22

Ah just googled and it is not the Klippan Kiss 2. The model I had fitted on a Graco pram - see this video here
It also had these neat hidden wheels and an extending handle in the carrier which could be used to roll short distances. We caused quite a stir in a few airports!

Twoevils Sat 26-Nov-16 21:11:52

now the Klippan Kiss 2

cerealnamechangers Sat 26-Nov-16 21:12:26

There is an orbit one that fits into an orbit frame but I'm not sure if it's available to buy in the UK, Beyoncé used one for Blue.

cerealnamechangers Sat 26-Nov-16 21:15:02

Here it is

cerealnamechangers Sat 26-Nov-16 21:15:47

And another picture

bibbetybobbetybooo Sat 26-Nov-16 22:34:12

Thank you so much everyone. The orbit looks fab but doesn't seem to be available. The sit n stroll might be an option - seems one hell of a lot though! Argh. They neeeeed to invent one! Baby is nearly one and is tall, so she first have much longer in the Pebble. No Hackney cabs around here and they won't guarantee the same car.

NapQueen Sat 26-Nov-16 23:51:08

Can you f8nd some short term childcare nearer home so you can drop dd before commuting in?

bibbetybobbetybooo Sun 27-Nov-16 13:23:52

At the moment I can't, as there's just no one with spaces. I'm hoping to do that but I also have an older child that we need to sort out in the mornings as well. It's really tricky.

MyBootsAreMuddy Sun 27-Nov-16 15:53:50

How far is the walk to the bus/home? Would something like those 2 wheel trolley things that you use for moving stuff lije washing machines/fridges work? I've seen this type of thing used in airports and they look really handy. You could get some ratchet straps to attach seat securely to the trolly then pull it along behind you.

MyBootsAreMuddy Sun 27-Nov-16 16:02:40

This is sort of th8ng I'm trying to describe.

bibbetybobbetybooo Sun 27-Nov-16 22:05:31

It's quite a way but that might just work. Maybe! Someone really does need to make a seat to solve this!!!!

firewithfire Sun 27-Nov-16 22:29:31

My American friend has a pull along thing for airports like in the post above but it's designed for the child to be in it at the time.

firewithfire Sun 27-Nov-16 22:31:56

https://www.gogobabyz.com/product-i14550-c26-gogoKidzz_Travelmate_.aspx

"Help!"

cerealnamechangers Mon 28-Nov-16 09:30:49

Somebody has an orbit seat for sale on eBay that might interest you.

SellFridges Mon 28-Nov-16 09:37:12

I know a lot of babies who have stayed in their baby carrier type car seats until getting on for 18months. I would double check the spec and her weight etc as I imagine it's fine for a bit longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now