This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Car not on vehicle list

(4 Posts)
MissClarke86 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:40:46

Hi all,

We've just bought a Silvercross Pioneer and it came with a Silvercross Simplicity car seat.

We have a Toyota Auris and a Toyota Corolla (which is basically the same car but made a year earlier! Very similar.)

They both have isofix tabs on the back seats so we presumed that when used with an isofix base the car seat would be fine.

I've just read the "vehicle list" for the car seat and the Auris is on it, but the corolla isn't. The corolla is our main car as it is 4 door.

Surely as it has the isofix tabs on, the car seat will fit with an isofix base? Are there different isofix fittings?!

Should I be worried? We don't have an isofix base yet to try it.

The weird thing is that vehicle list has car models on where it says that you can't use the isofix at all (GT86 for example) but just doesn't list the Corolla at all so it's like they've missed it off.

If when the isofix base arrives and if it feels like it fits (surely it's obvious?) are we safe to use it even if it doesn't appear on the vehicle list?

marjoryno3 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:44:04

We didn't even check any list. The seat and base fits with our car according to all the correct instructions. I would just assume that the metal hooks are standard in all cars that have them.

AppleMagic Tue 01-Nov-16 21:44:42

I would. They just haven't bothered to test it.

MissClarke86 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:45:07

That's what I thought! I presumed if it fits, it fits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now