This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bloody uncomfortable car seats

(8 Posts)
originalmavis Sat 02-Jul-16 18:28:09

Our new car must have been designed by a sadist. Whoever drives ends up with horrible back pain, and it's not getting any better.

Has anyone else had this and managed to sort it?

vikingorigins Sun 03-Jul-16 13:55:39

What sort of car is it? Did you test drive it before you bought?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 03-Jul-16 14:01:13

I have issues with driving different cars, it usually just a settling in thing.

Have you read the manual about how to get the seats adjusted properly, most newer carseats go up and down too these days, as well as adjustments to the back angle and the in and out

anything else adjustable in there....steering wheel??

Mind you if I drive the mini a lot i get a cricky shoulder from the gearbox...reverse is almost impossible to me even after ten months.

Autumnchill Sun 03-Jul-16 14:12:44

is it a Vauxhall?

originalmavis Sun 03-Jul-16 15:25:23

Audi, or as we call it, ow-di. It tested fine but now using it day in day out it is very sore.

Northernlurker Sun 03-Jul-16 15:43:14

I found the seat slope too steep on my new Citroen. Caused pain in the thighs. Was sorted by a memory foam cushion in a slight wedge shape which just levels it off enough to support my hips. I would suggest rolling up a blanket o similar and seeing if you can work out what's needed. Are you very short or tall btw?

Autumnchill Sun 03-Jul-16 17:50:57

The Audi SE I've found has a short seat so my legs always ached whereas the S line had a leg extender (test cars as part of my job)

originalmavis Sun 03-Jul-16 18:00:23

It's those sodding bucket seats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now