This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Foward facing Isofix seat for large toddler

(4 Posts)
greenlizard Sun 26-Jun-16 21:18:07

My DS is 99 centile for weight/height at 15 months - over 14 kgs currently and seemingly growing every time he goes to sleep smile. I am now expecting number two and was planning on moving him out of his current car seat into a forward facing car seat without a base and using the base again for the pepple car seat for number 2.

We had bought him the Maxi Cosi Pearl 2 way seat and he screamed blue murder facing backwards even though he was ok in the pebble facing backwards) so now I have him facing forwards which he absolutely fine with (though the recline is not very good IMO)

What do I need to think about? Any recommendations?

Thanks

captaincake Mon 27-Jun-16 11:45:13

Most isofix car seats only go up to 18kg so you're likely to be best with a seat belt one, harnesses also normally go up to 18kg too and at his centiles you're likely to need a harnessed to 25kg seat to get him to age 4 before using a high backed booster. Take a look at the britax two way elite, britax advansafix and diono radian 5.

AndNowItsSeven Mon 27-Jun-16 11:48:01

Rear facing is far far safer than forward facing. I would work on helping him to be happy rear facing.

AliceMum09 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:56:33

You have more choice of seats if you go for rear facing up to 25kgs, and they will give your son more space than the 2 Way Pearl. The Axkid Minikid or Britax Two Way Elite are the tallest ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now