This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ERF without isofix

(19 Posts)
GunShotResidue Sat 07-Nov-15 12:47:48

I've Googled and searched on here but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for!

I'd like an ERF seat that uses a seat belt and is not too big. Ideally it needs to fit in a Toyota Yaris for when my sister babysits, and be fairly easy to move from car to car.

DD is nearly 2 and we'd like it to last until she's at least 4. I've budgeted £300 for it but can spend more if need be.

I'd realy appriciate any suggestions of seats or where I should look! Thanks

Pico2 Sat 07-Nov-15 12:49:50

I'm not sure about size, but the Britac 2 way elite is non-isofix. We got ours from the in car safety centre and they would know if it would fit in a Yaris.

Pico2 Sat 07-Nov-15 12:49:59

Britax

TheGreenNinja Sat 07-Nov-15 12:59:50

All my seats have been isofix, but just wanted to say that you can use them with or without. The isofix bars retract or fold out of the way if you need to use it without isofix fittings, so you may not need to restrict your search to just non-isofix ones.

passmethewineplease Sat 07-Nov-15 13:03:43

I use joie stages, it's a great seat that turns in to a high back booster, RF to four years. The previous version got bad reviews but they've since improved and it's also won rewards... I paid £111 for it. Very happy with it too. smile

I've also heard good things about the BRITAX TWE. There's a good Facebook group to join if you're on there?

eatmytoes888 Sat 07-Nov-15 13:05:42

I have an Axkid Minikid ERF for my now 5 year old, have had it since DC was 2.

It's not Isofix but uses tethers to the front seats. I bought it from securatot who went through the fitting process with me. Am very happy with it and still lots of growing room. DC is very tall but fits fine. Highly recommend. Think I paid just under £300.

eatmytoes888 Sat 07-Nov-15 13:07:41

It's not as easy to move as some car seats but with practise you can do it in about 5-10 mins. I only remove it for cleaning the car. I have a small car and DC fits in fine behind the driver seat.

GunShotResidue Sat 07-Nov-15 14:05:37

Thank you all so much!

I'll have another look at Britax, I tried putting the car type into their website and all the ones that fit said they could only be used with iso fix.

Does anyone know if there is a car safety centre or similar near Birmingham?

Thanks again!

Pico2 Sat 07-Nov-15 14:49:14

There's one in Milton Keynes. But they are very helpful on the phone too.

gallicgirl Sat 07-Nov-15 15:28:51

incarsafetycentre.co.uk/contact/milton-keynes/

I was just looking at their website! I think they've been a lot busier since that bbd thing.

GunShotResidue Sat 07-Nov-15 21:40:48

Thank you, I might give them a call and then try to convince DH to go on a day trip!

TeaAndCake Sat 07-Nov-15 22:07:22

I thought all Toyota Yaris had Isofix?

My MIL has an early one (X reg) and it has Isofix in the back.

Just a thought.

GunShotResidue Sun 08-Nov-15 20:13:23

I've not actually checked, but the non-isofix bit is for our second car and MIL's car, for the Yaris I am mostly worried about size! Thanks though.

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 09-Nov-15 22:46:13

Britax TWE won't go in a citroen C1 because the front seat is a solid moulded piece with no separate headrest - i think the yaris is the same car with toyota badges on so you may struggle

AliceMum09 Tue 10-Nov-15 00:35:52

No, isn't it the little Toyota Aygo that's the same as a C1 (and the Peugeot 10-something!)? These three cars are all the same model, I think the Yaris is a Toyota car all of it's own.

Essexgirlupnorth Tue 10-Nov-15 00:44:32

Have a Joie I-anchor in my Peugeot 107 and the base can be fitted with a seat belt but use isofix so don't know how way it is

JellyTipisthebest Tue 10-Nov-15 04:05:52

britax maxway, non isofix is from 9kg to 25kg, it has a small footprint.

JellyTipisthebest Tue 10-Nov-15 04:09:51

I would just get a second set of tethers for the other car. It is very easy to put in. maxway

GunShotResidue Tue 10-Nov-15 11:04:39

The maxway was the one I liked the look of, I'll see if anyone local stocks it.

Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now