This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is there a 360 car seat that is easy to move between cars?

(7 Posts)
marybonbon Thu 13-Aug-15 13:48:58

Hi,

My DD (a small 11mths) is just about to outgrow her maxi cosi cabrio fix which was given to us. We have been belting in the car seat so we are not tied to a particular isofix.

My parents look after DD 2-3 days a week whilst I'm at work so need a seat that can be transferred easily. I like the look of the 360 type seats such as the maxi cosi axissfix or the nun rebl or the britax dualfix, since we are "geriatric" parents (39 and 45) and my parents are in their late 60s!! We all have backs that would benefit!! However all the reviews state that they are bulky and difficult to transfer.

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences or helpful suggestions?

Thank you.

captaincake Thu 13-Aug-15 14:23:02

I find it very easy to transfer our dual fix. It is rather heavy but apart from that it couldn't be much easier.

BertieBotts Thu 13-Aug-15 14:30:31

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question, but I would urge you to double check about outgrowing the first seat because a small 11 month old in my experience should have a lot of time left in it yet. You massively downgrade in safety when you switch from rear to forward facing, so it's better to keep them in the infant seats as long as possible.

You only have to move them when their head reaches the seat shell or they reach 13kg in weight, whichever comes first smile 9kg is the minimum for the next seat (to provide an overlap) and you don't need to worry about legs coming over the end. Of course you'll still have to find a suitable seat when she does outgrow it, but I would hold on for as long as possible. Not only is it safer, it can be so much more convenient to buckle them in before you put the seat into the car.

For ease of transferring I recommend the impact shield seats but they don't have a swivel feature, so it only answers one side. I hope you find one which is good on all points!

captaincake Thu 13-Aug-15 14:53:57

The dual fix is rear facing bertie I assume the others are the same? I agree it sounds unlikely a small 11 mo would have grown out of her infant carrier though. DS is a big ish 14mo and he still fits in his.

marybonbon Thu 13-Aug-15 17:54:35

Thanks for coming back.

You're right. All the 360 seats are rear facing and forward facing (and side facing for ease of manoeuvring child).

I hadn't realised she could stay in her infant seat past 12 months or so. I think by the time she reaches the max weight, she will be too long though! I will hold off for as long as possible. They are fairly new to the market (I think), so it's hard to find any good direct comparison. May be I will try again in the autumn and see if any have been done by then.

Thanks for your help smile

poocatcherchampion Thu 13-Aug-15 17:57:34

My normal sized children were in the infant carrier to 18months so I think you have a good while left.

Leg length is immaterial in favour of safety (and in your case the infant carrier is more convenient)

BertieBotts Thu 13-Aug-15 18:34:12

Oh I see! Fair enough. Sorry smile Yes they usually outgrow the baby seat in length before weight, you're right.

If you are switching to a RF seat then you don't need to worry about a drop in safety. So use whichever is more convenient until you have to switch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now