This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Besafe Izi Combi rattling and squeaking

(5 Posts)
LintRoller Mon 27-Jul-15 22:22:46

We have a Besafe Izi Combi ERF seat - had it for 18 months and love it. I took it out to clean the car properly, and since re-installing it, it has made a weird squeaking/rattling noise when I drive with it empty (no sound when DS is in the seat). I've double checked and everything seems to be installed properly and securely. The seat wasn't banged or dropped or anything when we removed it.

I've emailed Besafe and am waiting for their reply. Got the seat from Mothercare who don't have a clue. Not near to any decent ERF dealers (in the North West).

Has anyone had the same? Or any thoughts as to what might be going on? We don't have another seat to use until this is sorted and am really worried something is unsafe.

Sockmatcher Tue 28-Jul-15 19:58:51

Hi . We have the same. I've checked the install. I'm not at all worried. I hope besafe can reassure you too

LintRoller Tue 28-Jul-15 22:56:52

Thanks sockmatcher that's reassuring. I have a feeling it might be the ratchet lever rattling. Did yours always do it? It could be that the noise was there from the start and I just didn't notice.

Sockmatcher Tue 28-Jul-15 22:58:47

Mine wasnt new but we have noticed it more as it has got older. My partner first noticed it. I rarely notice it these days as I'm used to it but it is there!

LintRoller Wed 29-Jul-15 20:27:14

Just to update in case anyone has the same problem in future - it turns out I had pushed the front car seat too far back into the car seat, so the front seat was effectively rattling the actual seat part (which naturally has some give) around on the fixed solid base part. I've moved the front seat slightly so it is still in contact but isn't exerting pressure on the car seat and it's back to normal now - still some rattling but much less noticeable and probably no different to how it's always been.

Besafe were very helpful, I can recommend their customer service. I found it difficult finding a number for them online though, so for future reference it's 01606 330888.

Thanks sockmatcher for your help too, much appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now