This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pebble 2014 or 2015? Is there a difference?

(3 Posts)
EEvans Tue 21-Jul-15 15:38:27

Hi all,

I was just looking on Amazon for the Maxi Cosi Pebble and it gives me the option to buy from the 2014 range or to pay slightly more and buy from the 2015 range.

Does anyone know what the difference is? Do you think it's just the design (pattern,colour etc) that is different or has the actual safety design changed?

Thanks in advance of your help. smile

AliceMum09 Tue 21-Jul-15 16:05:31

Do you think the 2015 one could be the Pebble Plus? That's an I-Size seat, so it should be slightly longer up the back to allow rear facing until at least 15 months.

Otherwise, if they are both just the Pebble, it's probably just the fabric colours that have changed. My SIL got a reduced price CabrioFix just because it was last year's colours. It's a lovely denim one, with orange bits, much nicer than a boring black one!

I'd probably go for the cheaper option whatever the seats are. I'd not be bothered about buying an I-size seat because going forward facing at 15 months still isn't as safe as staying rear facing. I'd stick with a normal (cheaper) infant carrier and then buy a bigger 18kgs or 25kgs limit rear facing seat when my baby grew out of the infant carrier.

EEvans Wed 22-Jul-15 12:21:33

Thank you Alicemum. I just took a punt on it and ordered the 2014 option. It was in the sale on Mothercare as well but sold out at a bargain price.

Although this time the cheapest option was the boring black! lol! wink

Thanks for your thoughts. Got a bit more off by joining the Amazon Family free trial as well! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now