This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax DualFix for very tall child?

(5 Posts)
lunalovegood84 Sun 14-Jun-15 11:53:56

DS is about to turn 1, approximately 27lbs and on the top centile line for height. DH and I are both tall so he will likely continue that way. He has almost outgrown his Maxi-Cosi Pebble and I would like him to be rear-facing for a good while longer. Is Britax DualFix a good option for his size? Or any other recommendations? I am looking at mainstream options as I would like to try out a seat before we buy; we are in Scotland so can go to the Glasgow Pram Centre plus the usual chains.

Hobby2014 Sun 14-Jun-15 16:48:39

Watching this with interest.
About to buy a ERF car seat for DS who is 10months but he's long and heavy - sitting at the top for length and upper end for weight. Don't want to buy this of its going to be useless soon.

HeadDreamer Sun 14-Jun-15 16:51:18

Maxi cosi has the axissfix as well. There is a maximum height for rear facing on the website. Supposedly it's up to 2yo, which I assume is for an average toddler.

HeadDreamer Sun 14-Jun-15 16:51:56

This
www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/axissfix.aspx

AliceMum09 Sun 14-Jun-15 20:20:25

No, I'd say the DualFix wouldn't be much good to you at all! It's Isofix, so the weight limit is 18kgs and your son is likely to hit that weight before he's 4. And he'd probably even outgrow it height-wise before he gets to 18kgs if he's tall.

You need a seatbelt-fitted seat, so it will have a weight limit of 25kgs and a taller seat shell. The Axkid seats are supposed to be the longest up the back, but I'm not sure you'd get one near you, even at the pram centre.

There is a place called Little Peas in Dunfermline that sells BeSafe seats. The Britax Multi Tech II and Maxway would be others to look at. I have a Multi Tech II for my 3 year old, but she only weighs 26lbs so there is no danger of her getting anywhere near the weight limit any time soon. I think she'll be rear facing until she's 10! I bet your son is nearly as tall as her too if he's on the top centile for height, she's below the 9th.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now