This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Graco Snugsafe car seat

(9 Posts)
benrsmith Wed 20-Aug-14 13:04:36

Does anyone have experience of using the Graco Snugsafe car seat? My wife and I are expecting our first in October and really like the Graco Evo as a pushchair. I understand you can only use Graco car seats to click on to the pushchair. The Snugsafe looks like the best one Graco do but we can't find any helpful reviews of it online. Any tips on the pros and cons of the Snugsafe would be much appreciated!

kimb0 Tue 26-Aug-14 22:52:38

Nothing to add on this I'm afraid, just also interested in any answers!

I just bought the pushchair from Kiddicare in Bristol as they are having a closing clearance and it was a great price but I'm not finding much clarity about the snugsafe seat anywhere. Firstly I can't find out if it needs an adapter or goes straight on the frame. Secondly, out of a handful of reviews most have been a bit iffy, but with such a popular brand and system I find it hard to believe that it's all that bad...?

benrsmith Wed 27-Aug-14 11:45:13

Hi Kimbo, we managed to find some reviews on the mothercare website which were negative for the car seat. The pushchair on the other hand had parents raving. Unfortunately, only the graco car seat can be used on the pushchair so on the basis of the negative reviews we have decided against it.

kimb0 Wed 27-Aug-14 16:23:59

It's so difficult! It's raved about here and they gave it a 'Mums Love Award'!
babyworld.co.uk/reviews/new-graco-snugsafe-0-car-seat/

Hmmm, I may just opt for a different seat - I don't have especially strong feelings that I MUST have one that fits on my pushchair frame.

jennyschreurs Fri 12-Sep-14 17:12:25

Please do not buy this seat.
I repeat it is dangerous

I cant even begin to explain why but the reviews on mothercare site are spot on.

I am currently in a heated discussion with graco as my baby was dangling head forward during a car trip. The straps are too hard to adjust and its a horrible unsafe design.

DO NOT BUY

burns82 Mon 15-Sep-14 19:10:40

After Reading Reviews on Mothercare I rang Graco and they said they was aware of certain complaints from Mothercare website of the Snugsafe, and the problem is with the Mothercare staff not knowing how to correctly adjust the waist and buckle strap. I admit it is difficult especially as it does not tell you how to in the Instruction book, They sent me a email with the different ways on how to adjust all the straps which i now know how to do. The Seat has passed all the safety Checks.

jennyschreurs Tue 16-Sep-14 09:18:47

If its not mentioned clearly in their instruction book then clearly this is an issue and should be raised to all buyers. I went to mothercare store again with my baby today and despite them receiving instructions on the phone by graco...they couldnt fit her in securely....the assistant shamefully gave me a replacement seat asap maxi cosi pebble

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 16-Sep-14 17:10:42

The Evo pushchair is great but the Snugsafe isn't great. How bad it is will depend on your car, it's adequate in ours but unacceptable in a friend's (she bought a maxi cosi replacement) - it depends on the slant of your rear seats.

Kimbo it comes with an adaptor to fit it to the wheels. That's really easy to use.

CarolineONeill Sat 04-Oct-14 13:02:01

Hi, I just bought the snugsafe and I am not happy with it. My son is 3 weeks old and his head keeps flopping forward no matter what I try. It's not safe and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it. I bought it as part of the travel system for the Evo. The Evo pushchair is fantastic - I love it! But I am so so so disappointed with the car seat. My advice if you want to get Graco Evo Pushchair.... go with a different car seat!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now