This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Infant carrier car seats

(5 Posts)
MrsGiraffe12 Wed 13-Aug-14 19:37:08

How tight do they need to be in?

Ours "wobbles" a little no matter how tight I pull the adult seatbelt. My DH seems to think there needs to be a little wobble to absorb shock if there was a crash but I though they needed to be in so ridgely they don't move......

LIZS Wed 13-Aug-14 19:40:14

Does it wobble even with the weight of a baby in it ? It won't be entirely rigid but shouldn't be loose enough to move.

Ihateparties Wed 13-Aug-14 19:43:30

Unless there is a belt lock off on the seat (unlikely with an infant carrier) you probably won't be able to pull it tight so it won't move at all as the adult belt won't lock.

AliceMum09 Wed 13-Aug-14 22:21:22

Mine was also rock solid (Britax BabySafe), but our car has 3 separate seats in the back and the infant carrier was a very good match for the shape of the seats - the car seat seemed to 'snuggle' into the flat bit of the vehicle seat, and then the fact that the vehicle seat was then shaped 'up' a bit at each side kept the infant carrier in place.

MrsGiraffe12 Thu 14-Aug-14 02:18:33

Thanks. I've emailed the retailer of the car seat to see if the isofix is compatible and if it is, I'm going to order it. Mainly because DH has me worried now after his comment that he won't have it properly fixed in otherwise x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now