This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax Two Way Elite in middle seat (rear)?

(5 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 10-Aug-14 16:09:07

Does anyone have their TWE installed in the middle? Currently behind the passenger seat but I have five of us driving long distance next week and wondered if its better to move it to the centre so that each adult can sit near door/window/have footwell.

I have a Ford Focus.

Thanks in advance.

petalsandstars Sun 10-Aug-14 16:20:09

I can't see how you'd fit it in the middle tbh - theres nothing to secure it against (excluding the straps obviously) ie ours is pressed firmly against the front seat and even if both seats were the same distance back I don't think it would be as stable. Plus then you've got one strap on each seat bar.

Smallest person goes in the middle.

nicm Sun 10-Aug-14 22:30:11

hi, yes I have had the twe in the middle seat before. It's fine just attach a strap to each seat and make sure they are level. Much more comfortable for the adults, smile smile

tryingtocatchthewind Sun 10-Aug-14 22:35:43

Yup it'll need to rest on both front seats so you'll just a have to make sure they are level. It'll still be a bit of a squash though

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 10-Aug-14 22:45:55

I will set the passenger seat to the same etting as mine so it can rest off both equally. One of the adults is a skinny minnie so she wont mind the centre seat if needs be I just thought itd be better overall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now