This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Advice on car seat compatible with 2010 Bugaboo Bee, please.

(6 Posts)
December2014 Tue 05-Aug-14 13:57:45

Hello ladies (and any gentlemen out there too)

Looking for some help in the boggling world of car seats. DH and I are expecting our first child in December and neither of us drive. Needless we are completely lost. Would love some advice out there from parents with experience.

It would need to be compatible with a Ford Fiesta and a Punto Evo. We have also purchased a 2010 Bugaboo Bee pram. Any recommendations?

We have heard about the Maxi Cosi 'Pebble' and 'Cabriofix'. I also quite like the look of the Besafe 'izi Go'. However, still not sure.

First post, please forgive any errors.

A.

NovemberRainbow Sun 10-Aug-14 13:27:54

I would go for the maxi-cosi cabriofix. Do you have adapters for your pram? If not you will need to get some of those too. Think our cabriofix was around £90.
Boots are doing a 10% off deal online for car seats at the moment, so you may be able to pick up a good deal there.

NovemberRainbow Sun 10-Aug-14 13:28:58

Also most car seat manufactures have a list of comparable cars on their websites.

needtobediscreet Thu 14-Aug-14 12:54:14

Is the Britax Babysafe SHR infant carrier compatible with that pushchair? I think so. I've always wished I'd chosen that one instead of the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix we bought three years ago. The handle of the Britax one is single handed release eg when putting on / off the pushchair base and to lower the handle. A small difference but one you'll appreciate day to day. You can fit it with a seatbelt or with the isofix base. It's also more padded than the Cabriofix and slightly longer so good if your child is taller than average.

December2014 Thu 14-Aug-14 14:22:14

Thanks for the advice ladies.

@needtobediscreet I haven't come across this one yet (not that I remember, which is saying nothing). I'll have a look - sounds like a strong contender. Thanks!

emmac3616 Thu 21-Aug-14 21:15:14

We have the 2010 Bee and the Cabriofix, works just fine, though actually I bought a cocoon for the Bee (on ebay!) and he used that more than the car seat when he was small, so we haven't used the seat with the Bee much. It is easy with the adapters though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now