This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

New Which report on car seat fitting by major retailers

(6 Posts)
JuniperTisane Sat 19-Jul-14 11:08:09

Its not good.

Which report

Wow. That's shocking. Not great at all.

Squtternutbaush Mon 21-Jul-14 16:14:30

I'm surprised Halfords managed any!

We were asked if we wanted a group 0+ seat facing the front or back by the in store "expert", my cousin has since started work in there and has undergone the expert level fitting training.

He showed me it, an A4 sheet of paper with a diagram showing how to fit each stage. It took 45 minutes.

rootypig Mon 21-Jul-14 16:18:01

Wow. Bump, because this should be seen by everyone.

Pollaidh Mon 21-Jul-14 16:20:29

I'm not surprised, we had ours fitted at Halfords and it was completely wrong, demonstrably unsafe and entirely contradicted the instructions. I complained in writing.

AliceMum09 Tue 22-Jul-14 00:01:27

45 minutes?!

No comment, I just can't think of anything to say! Surely they need to spend a week at least looking at each individual seat that they sell and fitting each one separately? You can't generalise fitting instructions by Group, I guess basically you can but each seat will be fitted slightly differently.

I know how to fit my own car seats and could do it with my eyes closed, but if I was giving a lift to a friend and she was bringing her own seat I would not be confident of fitting it properly if it was not a Britax seat (that's all I've ever had!). I would get my friend to fit her own seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now