Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nearly outgrown the two way elite at 25 months!

(4 Posts)

Grrrr....my ds1 is on the 91st centile for height but it seems most of his height is in his body so when sat in his car seat (britax two way elite) his head is about an inch from the top of the seat now. I think you can go to the top of their ears/eyes with rear facing??? But still, I don't think it will be long before he gets to that point.

We got the two way elite because it goes rear facing up to 25kg, unlike the isofix seats that only go up to 18kg (knowing he was likely to be tall).

Has anyone had this issue/know of any seats that are higher backed?!

AliceMum09 Mon 14-Jul-14 20:46:11

Hi,
I think the Axkid seats are supposed to have a very tall shell

https://www.facebook.com/RearFacingToddlers/photos/a.282375891906267.1073741829.282362311907625/459195037557684/?type=1&theatre

This Facebook page is very useful, if you can be bothered to read all the comments associated with the above photo I'm sure there will be something in there about suitability for tall children. Or you could just post a question on the Facebook page, the lady seems really helpful.

AliceMum09 Mon 14-Jul-14 20:48:34

Forgot to add also, yes it is their eyes/tops of ears that can be level with the top of the seat before it's outgrown.

Thanks Alice, I'll take a look at the axkid ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now