Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Would you buy a Doona car seat ?

(4 Posts)
skippingthroughthefarm Sun 15-Jun-14 16:34:19

Saw this in the news lately and immediately turned to mumsnet to see what people were saying and couldn't find anything so im starting this threadsmile
The Doona is a 0-12 car seat that has a folding out buggie base on it and an extendable handle to push it. it costs a whopping £299 with very few credentials to back up the price like you would get with a maxi cosi,britax,graco etc i personally wouldn't use it because of the 2hrs maximum in a car seat i wouldn't think it safe and how heavy it looks in the video. what does everyone else think of it though pro's and con's ?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPf9nWzA0k

CuttingOutTheCrap Fri 20-Jun-14 11:27:16

I saw this video this morning and also wondered what MN thought! grin I'm very impressed with the concept, but certainly wouldn't see it as a replacement for a 'proper' system with lie flat for 0-6 months.

That said, I can see how this could be an ideal solution for some situations - eg DH and I will alternate drop-off and pick up for childcare in two different cars when I go back to work. We were intending to buy a second carseat and isofix to accommodate that - this system wouldn't cost 'much' more than what we'd planned to but, but has the benefit of the wheels, so if DH wanted to pop into the shop after picking DC up on the way home he'd have a pram to do so, without having a second bulky system to store at home. It would also be much easier than a lot of systems if you were to take it on a plane. Possibly also a good choice for lending to relatives/child minder for short trips out etc - again - much more compact than a full system, as long as DC won't be in it for hours?

AshleighMae Mon 07-Jul-14 15:47:22

Having heard about it, I wanted to do some research before I got too excited. There is not much on here so I thought I would share my pros and cons so far...

Pros:
Lighter than having to carry a car seat around as you can just push it
Don't have to mess around attaching it to a frame and my eldest child won't get impatient of waiting and try wondering off
It's around the same price as other car seats I was looking at (without wheels)
Saves on boot space

Cons:
I have never heard of this brand (but having looked into it it does pass all safety tests and some of the biggest retailers stock it)

Lucylorezo Tue 12-Aug-14 13:39:58

I wouldn't buy this. Firstly for £300 it's way overpriced and secondly, it's Israeli which is not in my good books right now having killed so many kids over the past few weeks. I'll stick with the travel system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now