This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

which car seat does your 5 year old use?

(19 Posts)

Just wondering as dd is growing out of hers. She is tall for her age but skinny.

I'm a new driver so want more protection than a booster seat.

TIA

Bump. Anyone still use proper seats at this age?

MigGril Thu 15-May-14 16:57:25

Jane high back boster, ours it's the isofix one so you don't need to rely on the seat belt to hold it in and it also means it can recline a bit.

MigGril Thu 15-May-14 17:07:13

This one http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=926677&categoryId=165554&langId=-1

ExCinnamon Thu 15-May-14 17:14:38

Recaro, up to 36 kg which she is years away from.
I think it's the recaro Milano, looks similar.
Lots of people I see don't use proper seats anymore. We used them with our older dc until they were about 8 years old.

I've got a cheap Britax in the garage for taking an extra child. I would never take a 5 yo with just a booster seat.

ExCinnamon Thu 15-May-14 17:16:35

ps look at the kiddicare website for good prices!

Thanks. That one in the link looks comfy.

Both dds car seats have been from kiddicare, and her cot. Its brill.

Artandco Thu 15-May-14 17:31:26

Mines still in the cybex sirona rear facing. However we have brought the cybex Pallas ( I think!) for him to move into soon which had great safety scores and looks comfy

MrsBungle Thu 15-May-14 17:33:00

My dd is in the Concord evo lift pro high back booster

Artandco Thu 15-May-14 17:36:16

The transformer xt pro is also excellent

Ihateparties Thu 15-May-14 17:43:32

Dd is in a jane montecarlo in one car (as is 6y 9m old ds) and a joie trillo in the other. We also have a cybex solution x fix that we can't use anymore because of having to fit 3 seats in and have had a britax kidfix in the past. If I wasn't worried about space I would get Isofix probably, from what I have read the cybex hbb score really well for safety.

Artandco Thu 15-May-14 17:50:37

Sorry it's the cybex solution q fix we have brought notthe Pallas

fingersonbuzzers Thu 15-May-14 17:53:47

My 5yo just went into the Cybex Solution X2 fix

It had really good reviews. She was in a Britax Two Way Elite until very recently, but she was finding the harness really uncomfortable and almost at the 25k weight limit so we switched her to this. I like it smile

We've got a Kiddy one for my nearly 5yo, they scored well for side impact protection IIRC.

tallulah Thu 15-May-14 18:00:10

DD is 7 yo and we have a Britax Kidfix SL SICT in one car, and a Recaro Monza Nova 2 Seat Fix in the other.

Both are Isofix and both have the side impact protection as well.

crashbangboom Fri 16-May-14 22:38:43

We use the kidfix. Ds is 6.5

DillydollyRIP Mon 19-May-14 11:40:16

Britax kid fix.

leeloo1 Mon 19-May-14 12:52:03

" fingersonbuzzers Thu 15-May-14 17:53:47

My 5yo just went into the Cybex Solution X2 fix

It had really good reviews. She was in a Britax Two Way Elite until very recently, but she was finding the harness really uncomfortable and almost at the 25k weight limit so we switched her to this. I like it"

Almost snap. My ds is still (just) in the 2 way elite and I was about to buy the Cybex Solution X2 fix, then found there's a newer version being released, the q-fix, which expands out as well as height wise. Kidicare said they'd have them in stock from July. Glad to know you like yours fingers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now