This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which isofix base to get?

(4 Posts)
hollysmith1988 Sat 10-May-14 18:53:57

I'm buying the mamas and papas zoom travel system but not sure which car seat comes with it as I can't seem to find the name or model on any of the descriptions, therefore am unsure of which isofix base to buy! Help!!

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Sat 10-May-14 18:59:42

We got the Zoom (it's great) with adaptors for Maxi Cosi, and we went with the Maxi Cosi Cabrio fix and base. At around 10mo we bought the Maxi Cosi 2 way Pearl as we wanted to stay rear facing. Not sure if our new Pearl base might have been suitable for the newborn car seat, but as it's only just gone on sale we didn't have the option of using it for both seats.

AliceMum09 Sat 10-May-14 21:06:38

You have to buy the seat and base together - looking at their website you need this one www.mamasandpapas.com/product-aton-isofix-base/257725300/type-i/?cm_re=ZoomPackage-_-Accessories-_-IsofixBase The Zoom seems to come with (or be compatible with) the Anton car seat.

You can't just buy any old ISOFIX base. Yes, any old ISOFIX base will fit in your car, but each base is specific to each different brand of infant carrier

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Sun 11-May-14 10:22:48

Yes if you want a different make of car seat you have to check that you can buy suitable adaptors for it. I'm sure they could tell you if you went in store. Then you would need to buy the isofix base which is compatible with your seat.
Although it all adds up, the convenience and safety makes it well worth the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now