This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Advice on what high-back booster seat to get please

(6 Posts)
emilycleo Thu 08-May-14 11:49:16

My daughter turns 4 next month. She is quite tall but not heavy, probably around 15kg which I think is the minimum weight for the next stage car seat - the high back booster. But she is growing out of her Group 1 toddler seat.
I have been holding out moving her up for safety reasons because she isn't that heavy but now I think its time to get her a new seat.

Any advice on which one to get? Safety and comfort are the most important criteria for me, not expense. I have been looking at the Britax Kidfix but happy to consider any really.

Thanks

nocheeseinhouse Thu 08-May-14 13:49:25

We have a kidfix in GM car, and it's fine. The only problem is if you cannot remove your headrests. I'm looking for a HBB, as my son is 5 1/2, and has to grow out of his TWE one day! I joined the Which? free trial, and have decided to go for the Cybex solution q-fix.

I've fallen out with Britax for using Mothercare only for the Kidfix SICT XP, and the failures of the xtensafix. I think they're putting profit before safety. Also, my car can't have the headrests removed, and the cybex (according to their fit-checker) fits my car.

emilycleo Thu 08-May-14 16:28:56

Thank you so much that's really helpful.

Artandco Thu 08-May-14 16:31:07

The cybex ones are very safe or the concord transformer xt

PolterGoose Sat 10-May-14 08:59:43

We've got KidFix in both cars, ds nearly 11 and still comfortable in them, very impressed.

ihearttc Sat 10-May-14 17:08:55

We looked at the Kidfix as well but have got the Recaro Monza Seatfix. It's a fantastic seat-really secure in the car and feels very solid.

We had a Maxi Cosi Rodi for DS1 but wanted to get an Isofix one this time and the Rodifix didn't fit in our car. However after using the Recaro one for a few months and seen how good it is I probably would have gone for one of those over the Rodifix anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now