This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Joie Stages or Tilt for occasional taxi use?

(7 Posts)
SqutterNutBaush Tue 08-Apr-14 19:34:07

Don't drive so will need a relatively compact and universal/easy to fit car seat for when DD grows out of her Cabriofix.

Anyone used these and are they amy good?

Ihateparties Tue 08-Apr-14 21:32:55

I use a tilt, I like it but it's relatively small (which is why I have it, 3 car seats to fit in relatively small car). Dd1 still fitted rf until she was almost 4, dd2 is close to the top now at 2y1m, I'm hoping her legs and arms will grow now and not so much her torso! I recently tried a steadi, which didn't fit well in our car but is pretty compact yet taller in the back than the tilt. Stages has a longer useage so if no space issues then it probably makes more sense.

KL07 Thu 10-Apr-14 15:38:48

I'm looking at the Stages as we need a second ERF seat for the grandparents car. But I'm worried it won't suit as it's a belt fix and their seat belts weren't long enough to fit the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix when the kids were younger and we had to get the Maxi Cosi isofix base.
I need something that's easy to switch between cars, is rearfacing isn't too pricey as our main ERF seat was almost £300! Help!

Ihateparties Thu 10-Apr-14 18:33:46

Fwiw our belts are short, the babysafe had to stay permanently fixed in because it was a wrestling match to get the belt in place. The tilt and steadi are easy, thus must need less belt. I believe the stages is the similar but i'm not certain.

AmandinePoulain Thu 10-Apr-14 19:54:00

A Stages wouldn't go in our camper, and we could get a Babysafe in (just!) so I'm not sure you'd have enough belt.

AmandinePoulain Thu 10-Apr-14 19:55:29

What about a Varioguard? They hardly need any belt because they fit in a similar way to an infant carrier base.

KL07 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:58:51

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try a Britax Max Way after seeing some discussion on another threads. It's about 200 quid but rear faces til 25kg so longer than our isofix Max Fix. It's apparently good for short seatbelts due to how it fits in and is quite light to move between cars. Now need to find a local stockist...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now