Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Can your LO fall asleep comfortably in a group 1,2,3 seat?

(5 Posts)
jaybirdsinginginthedeadofnight Sat 29-Mar-14 20:06:32

DS needs to move out of his rear facing seat, DD is currently in a maxi cosi axiss. Am considering moving DS into the axiss and buying DD a 1,2,3 seat. DH's family live over an hour away and we rely on her taking her nap in the car when we go to visit them.

The other option is to buy DS a new axiss (I like the swivel on these seats due to backache). And then buy them boosters when they need them, as obviously the axiss has an excellent recline for sleeping.

However buying DD a 1,2,3 would be cheaper in the long run but just wondering do LO's sleep well in them, any experience?

AliceMum09 Sat 29-Mar-14 22:12:27

My older two slept easily in the Britax Evolva. It has one recline position, which is not that reclined at all, but it has such deep head and body support that if they slept they rested their head to the side - it did not fall forward.

The downside is that the recline position has to be selected (by flipping a 'foot' on the base of the seat) before you fit the seat in the car, and you can't alter it once it's in. Also, whether or not you have it reclined might depend on your car's seats. Mine was permanently reclined because it fitted better that way.

We have the Kiddy Guardian Pros. It's the only place my 4yo has fallen asleep in the day for years. I've never used the recline function, though it has one.

Stars66 Sat 29-Mar-14 22:24:12

Maxi cosi tobi has a recline although dd doesn't need that to fall asleep and it's cheaper than the axisis. I've got an old 3 door car so does us great!grin

Elenus Thu 03-Apr-14 10:48:20

We have recently bought Cosatto Hug 1-2-3. Absolutely hate the design, but it is the only desent recline I could find for 1-2-3. Tried a lot of other seats, but twins did not seem confortable even sitting in them and we do long journeys, so recline was a must.

Maxi Cosi Priory XP had a very good recline for stage 1 seat (done 20 000 miles in them)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now