This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Lap Belt Car seat for 7 year old

(4 Posts)
samuelmarkgeorge Fri 21-Mar-14 16:35:11

Hi there

Does anyone know of a lap belt fastening car seat for a 7 year old? My old camper Van only has lap belts due to the age and I would love to start taking little Charlie out in it.

However I am struggling to find a car seat that works with a lap belt, has anyone got any suggestions?

Nicplus2 Fri 21-Mar-14 20:41:18

Hi at the age of 7 is a booster seat not sufficient?
although personally im not sure i would feel safe with just a lap belt anyway sorry dont mean to offend x

SecretNutellaFix Fri 21-Mar-14 21:08:23

There are none. I would take the camper van to a garage and get three point seat belts installed.

Booster cushions with a lap belt are not allowed any way- if there was an accident the child would be as seriously hurt as if they weren't wearing a belt.

samuelmarkgeorge Mon 24-Mar-14 10:10:59

Thanks a lot for your responses. I wasn't aware you could get new 3 point belts put into old vans. But as that is an option I will go for that as sounds like the safest

Cheers and here's to Charlie's first camping trip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now